Senior Software Engineer (Markets Risk)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 23 mars 19
Senior Software Engineer (Markets Risk)
30 June 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£57,483 - £63,870
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
As the UK's largest Retail, Digital and Commercial bank Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) has a huge responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper whilst putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
We're also embarking on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future.
And you could join us at a fascinating time as we move to a software engineering led approach to banking whilst bringing in new DevOps and Agile Scrum approaches.
As our Senior Application Software Developer facing into our Commercial Bank Markets Risk area (Trading Book risk) you'd be co-leading a niche agile Group Transformation team acting as a key bridge between the business and IT.
Could you make the difference?
- You'll craft how the team engages with business customers to deliver solutions with a genuine opportunity to take the function forward as we extend into new customer areas (possibly Credit Risk)
- You'll get to support and deliver the new, tactical and strategic solutions using Scrum (and some Kanban) agile methodologies, cultivating the skills of others in these approaches.
- You'll lead in aspects of the engagement, delivery, support and improvement of strategic and tactical systems underpinning Commercial Bank's Credit & Market Risk functions.
- Beyond hands-on development you'll also work with senior business leaders and various business project Leads to prioritise work and to help take the technologies into the future as we evolve our data landscape.
- You'll also get to review our current software development processes and propose ways to optimise them in line with the best thinking out there in the industry.
So this is so much more than a coding role - requiring vision, drive and an ability to be strategic and business-facing. And your work will have a measurable impact to the performance of our team and the tools used by a business critical middle office function.
What do we need you to bring with you?
- You'll need core skills of SQL Server, C# and VBA to deliver on the development side of the role (Sybase IQ experience would be a real advantage).
- You'll possess a deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile Scrum/Kanban delivery methods, possibly including DevOps tooling knowledge.
- Most importantly you'll bring the ability to nurture a team whilst engaging, influencing and shaping people's thinking to achieve the vision we have in mind for the function.
Wider experience in the following you'll find useful:
- Server side and test-led development (TDD) experience (including event driven messaging libraries).
- Knowledge of software architecture patterns and their application
- General knowledge of Financial Services and ideally experience of working with Risk Management functions and processes or specifically knowledge of Markets Risk.
- Experience of data warehouses, Hadoop data lakes and Python with one eye on the future.
What will you get in return?
A role here will stretch you as well as giving you a platform from which you can grow and develop your career in a huge, engineering-focused organisation.
And you'll also benefit from a culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working whilst advancing the best of our people.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.