Senior Solutions Architect, ISV, AWS UK&I
SaaS Solutions Architects work hand in hand with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. Solutions Architects also take a leading role in creating and presenting technical content and best practices.
This role is within the AWS UK & Ireland organization and you would be working with ISVs who are want to transition towards building applications delivered in a SaaS model.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating ISVs about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to lead and collaborate with ISVs by defining or inventing cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases. In domains such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Serverless and Container driven architectures, Microservices Application Architecture Design, Analytics and Big Data, DevOps or Security.
The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will be learning something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• As a SaaS Solutions Architect in the AWS UK&I ISV team, you will act as the technical trusted advisor to key ISVs working closely with their technical leadership teams and the AWS Business Development teams.
• Provide architectural guidance and best practice recommendations necessary to help ISVs build new SaaS solutions, new business models and architecture designs following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework and the SaaS Factory.
• Demonstrate vision, creativity, business acumen and deep AWS knowledge in jointly developing industry and vertical technology solutions.
• Share the voice of the customer to influence the roadmap of new features and services the APN Technology Partners provide on the AWS platform.
• Evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
• Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by hiring, coaching and mentoring others.
• Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
• Competitive compensation includes a base salary, a sign-on bonus, and Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSU)
• Some domestic and international travel to visit customers and participate in company and industry events.
• Flexible working policy
• Parental leave
• Employee discount program
• Choice of Mac or Windows laptops
• Public Transport Season Ticket Loan
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Experience of Software, Systems or Data Design
• Knowledge of software architecture, application development and deployment concepts and tools including source code management, continuous integration, or configuration management
• Passion for technology and for learning
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Preferred Qualifications
These qualifications are desired but not required:
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT projects - either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• In depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, analytics, Machine Learning, high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL) or highly secured workloads etc.
• Knowledge of modern data processing techniques and systems
• Understanding of the UK and Ireland ISV ecosystem
• Experience working in a partner-facing or customer-facing role
• Experience collaborating effectively with internal or external stakeholder groups at multiple levels
• Experience working with Independent Software Vendors and Software as a Service (SaaS) providers.
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)
• Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)