Senior Tax Analyst - Transaction Tax Calculation Services
DESCRIPTION Amazon.co.uk opened its virtual doors in October 1998 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything that they might want to buy online. Originally known as a bookseller, Amazon.co.uk has dramatically expanded its range over the years to offer everything from DVD's to MP3's, Toys to Tools, Clothing to Computers and so much more.
Amazon seeks a Tax Manager to be a key member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
This position is focused primarily on VAT in the EMEA region but there may be opportunities for broader exposure to transaction taxes in other regions, e.g. Asia-Pacific, North America and Latin America.
Primary job duties include:
- Reviewing new business initiatives and scoping any effect on existing transaction tax calculation processes and systems;
- Providing subject matter expertise to various business and IT organizations to include Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups;
- Manage relationship with outside service providers;
- Providing end-to-end VAT calculation requirements for projects and business initiatives;
- Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle - from design through delivery;
- Developing, supporting and providing ongoing maintenance and enhancements to tax calculation software;
- Product taxability research across a wide range of categories;
- Involvement in general VAT issues such as research related to tax calculation and compliance, tax collection responsibilities, and other advanced e-commerce topics.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Job Qualifications
This position requires extensive interaction with all of the company's business units, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross functional teams. Additional qualifications include:
- Working knowledge of VAT in the EMEA region;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize;
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment;
- A team oriented, customer-centric attitude;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented;
- The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department;
- Experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation and compliance software (e.g. Synchro, Systax, Vertex, ONESOURCE);
- Project management experience.