Senior Tax Manager
This US parented group is looking for a Tax Manager to join their UK tax team, reporting into the UK Head of Tax.
This US parented group is looking for a Tax Manager to join their UK tax team, reporting into the UK Head of Tax. The main focus of the role will be to support the team in meeting their compliance and reporting obligations across the EMEA and APAC regions. The appropriate candidate will be pro-active, organised and have an interest in developing their knowledge across the full spectrum of direct, indirect, operational and employment taxes.
- Assistance in the preparation of the UK corporate tax and VAT returns.
- Assistance in the preparation of corporate and indirect tax returns in any other location where compliance is managed in-house.
- Assistance in managing the outsourced direct and indirect tax compliance relationship across EMEA and APAC.
- Working with the team on areas of legislation that need particular focus and performing reviews or modelling as required (e.g. CFCs, corporate interest restriction rules, loss utilisation, R&D credits, etc).
- Working with finance to prepare balance sheet reconciliations for both direct and indirect taxes.
- Preparation of tax notes for the annual statutory accounts for UK and APAC entities including liaising with external advisors and auditors.
- Preparation of tax instalment payments and working with others to ensure timely payment processes are in place.
- Providing support to an indirect tax manager to collate, analyse and distribute the data required for indirect tax returns.
- Assistance in the quarterly reporting process, as required.
- Supporting the tax team to meet Senior Accounting Officer requirements.
- Supporting the tax team to meet operational tax requirements e.g. FATCA.
- Supporting the tax team throughout the transition in general ledger software including reconciliation of tax accounts and some profit and loss analysis.
- Willingness to learn new skills - particularly in relation to our financial systems- and assisting with projects as they arise.
The ideal candidate will be qualified ACA/CTA with a background in corporate taxation. They will need to have good organisational skills with attention to detail, quality and control. Experience of working with OneSource software products would be helpful, but is not essential. The willingness to get stuck into the detail of tax compliance and tax accounting and work as a part of a team is a pre-requisite.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Download CV template