My client is looking for a hands-on Lead Business Analyst and Project Manager proven applicable experience. The individual will be passionate about creating best in class enterprise data solutions and will be responsible for analysing, defining and building processes as well as managing the execution phase of projects for the Front Office and Global Technology business teams.
The business has made a big investment into the future of our technology and data. With a big vision of what we can achieve and have ambitious plans to get there. They hold collaboration as a core tenet of how we accomplish our goals. You should be interested in a team-oriented approach and be a curious and enthusiastic learner. They are a group of diverse thinkers, all working together with different perspectives to create optimal solutions.
- Apply detailed understanding of the Portfolio Management and Investment lifecycle with technical and operational expertise in order to identify business needs and to recommend and implement appropriate solutions
- Partner with Front Office and Investment Operations teams, to define scope and roadmap for the transition of technical and business processes. Drive and facilitate the execution of the roadmap.
- Define business requirements, create application and process specifications, coordinate with engineering team(s), and ensure that work is prioritized by business value and in alignment with the overarching business and technical strategies
- Planning and coordination - must excel in planning and organization to achieve project objectives, setting priorities among activities; utilizes available resources, copes with changing conditions and unforeseen events, assumes responsibility for completion of one's own work and meets deadlines
- Utilize a high level of business, technical, and operational expertise to support the technical, analytical, and quantitative needs of Investment personnel
- Create innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient
- Lead time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Produce comprehensive, effective requirements and project documentation
Typical qualification, skills and experience
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Manager, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- 5+ years of progressive experience in business analysis and project management
- Demonstrable ability and experience including:
- Articulating broader business concerns and/or regulatory landscape, including key risks and controls
- Managing reasonable size projects in terms of technical complexity, and/or organizational complexity
- Producing results through individuals and teams where there is no a direct management oversight of resources
- Managing through and overcoming differences of opinion and drive team alignment around a specific goal or solution
- Conversant in many technologies and learns new technologies quickly
- Ability to communicate strategic vision across the portfolio to stakeholders and software engineers
- Identifies impacts across the application portfolio and coordinates across senior levels to manage dependencies and potentially competing priorities
- Considers the operational aspects of a system, long-term supportability, maintenance, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project
- SQL and scripting knowledge (e.g. Python or Excel VBA) a plus
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking
- Leadership: Maintain high standards and help to create an environment where people can do their best work
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems, by applying experience and business knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with technology and businesspeople alike
- Must be a self-starter, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a global matrixed organization, including time-zone flexibility
- Flexible and comfortable with uncertainty in requirements etc. in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong academic record and with degree in finance, economics, business or maths.