- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it is about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we have been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Working as an integral part of the Global IT Service Management team, the role requires the individual to own, maintain and evolve the newly implemented tooling used to support the IT service provision. The individual would be expected to ensure the tooling remains effective and is continually evolving in-line with the requirements of both the Global Technology department and the business user’s needs. The role would required the individual to own and prioritise the development backlog, deliver technical and process changes based upon requirements and ultimately ensure tooling remains fit for purpose in an agile environment.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
This role requires the individual to possess strong experience of delivering and managing enterprise tooling delivery within a similar sized organisation, with deep technical knowledge of the ServiceNow tool along with experience of monitoring platforms. The individual would be expected to be a self starter and bring with them a wealth of experience operating globalised support tooling.
Consistency and data accuracy are paramount in order to ensure the tooling remains valuable therefore the individual would be expected to design, promote and enforce globally consistent standards and processes meeting the needs of both the localised and global support teams. Data validity, audit and compliance adherence will feature heavily within the role ensuring that tooling and processes are robust, scalable and produce the information required by our internal and external stakeholders. Most importantly the tooling will form the foundation of all IT support globally teams therefore the individual must ensure the product is optimised and seen as an enabler.
In all functions, the candidate will be required to work in a collaborative manner with IT suppliers and partners locally and globally whilst maintaining open lines of communication with both the business users and global IT teams. In addition, the candidate must be able to drive change across internal teams in a matrix managed environment.
• Responsibility for the design and development of change to the ServiceNow tooling platform which underpins the IT support organisation including delivering and driving the support tooling roadmap
• Ownership, support and maintenance of the tooling platform across Schroders
• Responsibility for the maintenance of the tooling and data contained within alongside the creation of bespoke management information on request
• Embed and enforce the culture of continual improvement across the global support tooling space, ensuring close collaboration is maintained with Global process owners
• Responsibility for identifying weak spots in existing global operational processes and supplying remediation either via project delivery or direct intervention
General and Technical Skills:
• Deep working experience of ServiceNow as a Systems Developer
• Strong working knowledge of Object Orientated backend databases
• Experience with SOAP and REST APIs preferred
• Experience of Extraction Transaction and Loading (ETL) tooling strongly desired
• SQL knowledge and exposure
• Strong knowledge of ITIL and Service Management methodologies
• A demonstrable track record of successful implementations
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Familiar with operating as a member of a virtual team in a matrix managed environment.
• Experience in designing and/or defining infrastructure ‘services’ in a financial services company.
• Have a demonstrable track record of working within an Investment / Asset Management firm or a suitable Financial Services environment
• Exposure to a broad range of infrastructure and application technologies in particular UNIX, Wintel, SQL Server, Oracle, Networking and Storage technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with a pro-active approach to tasks
• Have a flexible approach to working hours as some extended hours may be required to participate in calls with regions outside of the UK.
• Ability to operate under pressure, in a logical manner enabling consistent delivery to demanding deadlines
• Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
• Strong communication skills and a consultative approach coupled with a “can-do” attitude
• Team player with experience working in a matrix managed environment.