EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Service Delivery Manager
to join our team in Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- FIS Global
Delivering mission critical systems, to a global customer base of hundreds, the PaaS system will facilitate tens of billions of dollars of financial transactions each day.
The role of Service Delivery Manger oversees all aspects of the day to day operation for the Payments as a Service (PaaS) operations teams, ensuring that all processes and activities are operated efficiently and effectively and that Customers receive the world class service they expect from FIS.
The key purpose of this role is to coordinate and manage the processes and activities that support the PaaS delivery, to agreed service levels, and to provide the customer with a single point of contact for reporting, escalations and more.
• Provides leadership for PaaS operations team including planning, coaching, recruitment, selection, performance development and mentoring.
• Monitors staff performance, works with operations teams to implement goals and document progress.
• Manages resources in a cost-effective, innovative manner including assisting (direct/indirect) subordinates in effective use of resources and tools.
• Manages staff to ensure all duties are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Develops and implements department policies and procedures.
• Ensures deadlines and production schedules are met and reallocates workloads as necessary.
• Performs resource planning and allocation and supports indirect/direct reports in meeting work requirements.
• Assesses strengths and development needs of employees and provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development.
• Executes company policies and practices and serves as a channel for company communications.
• Assists in managing the computing environment to protect the production applications critical to the success of the business.
• Delivers a computer operations environment that meets all service level agreements, e.g., 24/7 availability, response time parameters, etc. and availability targets.
• Assists other IT management team members to establish strategies and priorities for overall IT operations by analyzing and understanding the current and future IT operation needs.
• Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for information processing operations.
• Identifies and recommends cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the information processing area.
• Ensures all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes will meet or exceed business requirements.
• Develops and maintains team standards and procedures that support departmental standards and procedures.
• Manages internal and external communications/escalations on issues, potentially required at any point in time, 24/7.
• Understands processing environments for supported products and services.
• Utilizes variable staffing models, which includes contractor and co-source models, processes/practices.
• Encourages inter-team, inter-department, and inter-organizational team work to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Experience, Skills & Behaviors
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, although comprehensive experience may be substituted for formal education
• Ability to display knowledge and understanding of, or formal qualification in, ITIL Service Management practices specifically related to Incident, Change and Problem Management techniques
• Excellent verbal, written and group communication skills; Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to establish relationships with people at all levels of the organization and with external customers and a willingness to take ownership of any issue resolution process
• Ability to work well in high pressure situations while coordinating resources across various teams to resolve production incidents
• A wide degree of creativity and self-direction is expected and required
• Decision maker with an operational outlook
• This position may be required to work outside of normal business hours on some occasions to continue troubleshooting critical support incidents
• Proven ability to function in an environment that requires flexibility, good judgment and sound decision-making, often based on limited information and/or under extreme conditions
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner appropriate to audience including executive levels
• Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and integrated controls
• Technical knowledge of information technology networks, systems, peripherals and software applications
• Clear organizational awareness and knowledge
• Technical and functional knowledge of Cloud Services and the FIS Treasury, Payments and Receivables product suite
• Ability to function independently, and collaborate closely with business and technology owners against tight deadlines
• Ability to formulate, implement and evaluate plans, programs and procedures applicable to the information processing operations
• Requires strong business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
• Considerable knowledge of all operations lifecycle phases, e.g., requirements definition, risk management, implementation, deployment, maintenance
• Considerable knowledge of IT production administration and operations activities and controls
• Strong knowledge of FIS products and services and business operations
Service Delivery Manager
Intermediate managerial role - manages employees who perform similar or related tasks within a single component of the program and has responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Results are internally focused and directly affect the program or are externally focused and affect a segment of customers, partners, stakeholders and/or employees.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities.
Typically requires five to seven years leadership experience.
Service Delivery Manager Senior
Advanced managerial role - manages, perhaps through subordinate managers/supervisors, employees who perform similar or related tasks within multiple components of the program and has responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Results are internally focused and directly affect the program or are externally focused and affect a segment of customers, partners, stakeholders and/or employees. Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates
assignments to subordinates.
Objectives are reviewed by senior management, to determine success of operation. This role is involved in developing, modifying, and executing company policies that affect immediate operations. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organization objectives, implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and establishes and ensures
adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the
thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship.
This level requires the ability to communicate with all levels of management. Typically requires eight to ten years leadership experience.
Service Delivery Director
Senior level management role. Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives. Works closely with executives on departmental issues. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people. Has very wide latitude for decision-making. Typically requires ten years of experience in Service Delivery or related field with a minimum of four years management experience.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.