Settlements Technical Lead
Location: Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Salary: £45 - £55 k
A Global Commodities business are currently seeking a new Settlements Technical Lead. As Technical lead you will co-manage the team and contribute to a variety of areas at a Senior Level (Settlement Matters, Industry changes/regulation, planning budgeting & forecasting cycles, system development and modelling).
Reporting in to the Head of department; specific responsibilities will include:
· Responsibility to act as the interface between the industry and business to ensure all industry proposals and changes are properly interpreted, understood and implemented
· Responsible for gaining understanding and maintaining awareness of all market changes to ensure compliance with industry regulations
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships across the wider business
· Support the financial leadership and be a key point of contact for Settlements matters
· Lead the understanding and interpreting of industry changes and working as an interface between business and industry ensure all changes are implemented with no detrimental impact to the business. Ensure that the delivery of change is in the most effective and efficient manner.
· Support the application, alignment and development of the controls landscape operating, across the team, Support delivery of reporting and industry code / license compliance
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with business leaders, senior Finance colleagues and external parties. Ensure an environment where finance works closely and successfully with the business to ensure effective and efficient financial control.
· Lead a Continuous Improvement culture to improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness
· Play a leadership role as a member of the Settlements Leadership Team and the wider Company Finance community. Support the management of the Settlements team, engaging and inspiring the team with a clear vision of the finance strategy.
· Develop, lead and support training and development activities for team members
· Settlements / Operational / Commercial experience within Power & Gas
· Effective communicator
· Good market knowledge (power & gas)