Software Developer (Java) - Risk Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Risk Engineering - Applications, Platform & Data Engineer - Technical and Team Lead What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. About Risk Engineering
Goldman Sachs Risk Division and Risk Engineering is known widely in the industry as the gold standard for developing cutting edge solutions that enables Goldman Sachs to manage risk exposures and decisions. Risk Engineering plays an extremely critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages risk, and the impact of Risk division's decisions has immediate high visibility to senior-most management within the firm, as well as to our external stakeholders. You will be amongst the very select few in engineering who will make a big impact from day 1. Our passionate engineers work on a wide range of technologies - from cloud computing and big data analytics to self-service toolkits, building compelling visualizations using web components, discovering information in unstructured data sources, writing automation bots and much more.
Automation is at the core of our risk engineering objectives and key results. With clients, businesses and risk managers working on efficient client onboarding, risk reviews and risk management, better data and analytics tools, while at the same time demanding highly efficient processes that can executed digitally. Our team focuses on building suite of applications providing, highly effective workflows and service orientated architecture. Our function is critical to the future business growth areas across the firm - spanning investment banking, global markets and asset management. This is a great opportunity to join a global dynamic team where you will learn both - 1) developing world class engineering solutions, including cloud computing and big data analytics, optimized storage management, self-service toolkits, building compelling visualizations using web components as well as 2) business functions that goldman offers its clients. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS The Role This role will be a blend of software development and technical leadership and will be involved in the decision making process around projects and programmes and interacting with our business stakeholders within both risk and other areas of the firm including other engineering groups and the global markets division. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Risk
- Build disruptive solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial outcomes
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- Build strong relationships with business facing technology teams and business partners
- Lead talented software engineers who are passionate about identifying patterns and building common solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- At least 3 years' experience as a software engineering
- Specialists with strong experience in Object orientated language
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Expertise in full stack front end Web Development or server side Java development with Relational Databases
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in team lead
- Demonstrate front end design aesthetics with focus on User Experience.
- Technologies: TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Scala, Java, Spark, Tableau, Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity