Software Engineer - Client Onboarding
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
Client Onboarding Technology is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for software products that safely, efficiently, and transparently bring new client relationships into the firm and ensure those relationships remain compliant with all internal and external regulatory policies and firm requirements.
Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, COB Tech models all processes from inception through configured-to-trade. Using business intelligence gathered from these models, the team identifies and resolves bottlenecks in the flow though automation - including rules-driven decision making, machine learning, and natural language parsing.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Support the firm's growth by reducing the time required to successfully onboard a new business relationship
- Mitigate risk by fully understanding, modelling, and satisfying all required regulatory and compliance policies.
- Improve customer satisfaction by reducing the number of touchpoints required to successfully onboard a new relationship.
- Thrill our internal stakeholders by rapidly and correctly delivering the most important features using iterative development and automated testing.
- COB Tech is a growing team. You will have the opportunity to influence team structure, processes, and architecture. Motivated candidates will have immediate opportunities to assume responsibility for as much as they can handle and accelerate their careers accordingly.
- Strong object-oriented fundamentals
- Strong focus on automated testing
- Strong Java skills
- Independent thinking, willing to engage, challenge, and learn
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience working in iterative or continuous delivery environments
- Experience with test-driven development (e.g. jUnit, Mockito, Cucumber)
- Experience with data (e.g. UML) or process (e.g. BPMN) modelling
- Track record of delivering software products to production, with minimal on-going support costs
- Experience creating REST-ful web services
- Experience with micro-services architecture
- Also, experience developing Web UI using React/Redux would be a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity