Software Engineer - Derivative Process Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Do you want to build a system that processes billions of dollars of transactions every minute?
Help us build highly scalable, low-touch systems to allow our businesses to scale while decreasing maintenance and exception costs.
Use your engineering and problem solving skills to build new workflow and REST based systems which apply cutting-edge technologies and design principles to solve challenging problems.
Take ownership of what you build and across our broader functional area - our software engineers work with stakeholders across the global within almost every area of the firm.
We also use SecDb/Slang (GS proprietary platform/language) for business critical pricing and risk calculation platform. As a developer in the team, you will be responsible to partner with developers in strategies and business-aligned technology teams globally, to create solutions, develop new features or improve existing services to meet business requirements.
Work on our multi-year greenfield initiative to build our strategic architecture for clearing and connectivity workflows, replacing decades' worth of legacy systems and streamlining processes for our clients, operations, and support teams. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Team Description:
DERIVATIVE PROCESS ENGINEERING
Our team owns a number of functional areas within the derivatives trade processing space which have historically been a limiting factor in business growth and have a high maintenance burden. We are replacing these generations of legacy systems with a new strategic architecture which we are designing from the ground up with modern technologies and design principles. We love nothing better than rigorous thinking, quality code and challenging assumptions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL You Will:
- Design, develop, test and document high-quality code in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment.
- Build relationships with stakeholders at all levels to help ensure we are building the best solutions for the problem space.
- Take responsibility for project delivery as well as wider ownership in our functional area.
- Apply a discerning mindset to production issues - always preferring a root cause fix over a temporary hack.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications:
- Technical, analytical, and love to dive into detail, as well as keeping broader goals in mind at all times.
- Hungry to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Self-motivated and able to work to demanding schedules as a sole technical contributor, as well as leading others.
- Not tied into one specific technology - we aim to use the best tool to solve the problem at hand.
- Demonstrated proficiency and commercial experience with one or more mainstream programming languages such as Java, Python, Go.
- A proven track record of delivering projects
- Experience gathering requirements and interacting with end users
- Experience developing complex distributed systems
- Experience with complex debugging and root-cause analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal: able to interact in a professional manner at all levels.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- REST API development
- Java 8
- Financial industry experience will shorten your learning curve, but is not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at�GS.com/careers.
We�re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
� The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity