Software Engineer - FAST Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Your Impact
As an engineer in the FAST (Franchise Analytics Strategy and Technology) team, you will be building tools that utilize franchise data to suggest potential trades; improving our ability to capture and visualize trades and inquiries; engineering data solutions and services that can be used across applications. You will develop intuitive and relevant analytics to optimize business leaders' decision making and convert data-driven insights into actions by embedding those analytics into frontline Sales and Trading workflow tools. You will step onto the trading floor to solve real business problems and be called upon to guide the decisions of leadership.
FAST is a cross-asset team in Global Markets, spanning across businesses in FICC (Global Currencies & Emerging Markets, Interest Rate Products and Global Credit). FAST partners with Engineers, Sales, Traders, and Franchise Managers as part of Goldman Sachs' market making business to understand and quantify opportunities, inefficiencies and workflow obstacles. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS How will you fulfil your potential?
- This role will draw upon your knowledge of programming and analytical skills; to build scalable and resilient data services and APIs
- Develop and understanding of complex datasets to inform new development of tools and insights for the business
- Think strategically on a higher level, proposing new business metrics or suggesting workflow improvements
- Gain expertise in the dynamics of the trading business, and have the opportunity to dive deeper into your areas of interest; developing your knowledge of the various FICC asset classes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5yrs+ work experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Experience working in Java
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in Fixed Income, Currencies or Equities asset classes
- Real time or batch data engineering experience
- Knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- Experience developing in other OOO languages
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity