Software Engineer - Prime Services Risk Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Who We Look For
The Prime Services Risk team cover multiple facets of Risk Management associated with Margin Financing and Clearing services, and our engineers design, develop and run a number of critical platforms within this context.
We implement complex house and regulatory margin calculators, provide real time monitoring for client trading activity and build a suite of tools, reports, and risk analytics for internal Risk Managers and Margin Operations in addition to providing interactive web tools and APIs via Marquee for external clients.
The calculators team works closely with risk strategists on best in class portfolio margin methodologies, applying a strong grasp of engineering tools and principals to run complex models on millions of positions across multiple asset classes, with particular focus on timeliness, accuracy and controls.
We provide access to our calculations and results through APIs and reports to enable both Goldman Sachs and our clients to understand and manage margin and risk effectively.
As a self-motivated engineer working collaboratively with a range of clients across the firm and beyond, you will fulfil a critical role in the strong risk management culture that is crucial to our business, and help ensure our client's experience of the Goldman Sachs platform is best in class. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You will work in partnership with Risk Managers and Strategists, applying agile practices to create solutions that meet our clients' needs, delivering commercial impact while managing risk.
- You will establish and build on relationships with colleagues across Risk, Engineering and Operations teams to refine complex asks into scalable products.
- You will be relied upon to contribute to technical design decisions and apply best practices to deliver highly testable solutions.
- You will be empowered to identify and act on opportunities to improve our risk calculation platform and ways of working that accelerate change and enhance developer experience.
- Proficiency in one or more of Java, Python, C++ and open to working across multiple technologies in response to differing use cases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong sense of ownership & responsibility for the systems you work on is essential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership and drive. Excellent communication skills required, able to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
- Familiar with distributed systems design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience dealing with complex, semi-structured data and patterns for storage
- Comfortable working on strategic development and adapting to market events.
- Track record of identifying and leading projects to improve availability, stability and performance of systems
- Knowledge of one or more asset classes (Equities/FX/Credit/Rates/Commodities), pricing or risk a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity