Software Engineer in Test
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 20 mars 19
Software Engineer in Test
1 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£48,294 - £53,660
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Job Location: Old Broad Street & Red Lion Court, London, UK
Job Title: Software Engineer in Test
Opening date for Application: 22/02/2019 - Closing date for Application 01/04/2019
Base Salary: £52,011- £75,127 (NOT THE £48,294-£53,660 QUOTED ABOVE)
Benefits: Flexible Benefits at 4% of Base Salary + Performance related Bonus + Pension + Medical + Car allowance £4,080.
Lloyds Banking Group Digital channels have over 12 million active online customers with over 1 billion logons per year. We have many monitoring and prevention systems in place to protect our customers from criminal activity and the Fraud team lies at the heart of delivering and maintaining these solutions. The ecosystem is a complex integration of ground-breaking applications and legacy host systems and the journey from centralised monolith to a more autonomous micro service architecture and teams is underway and within our gift to shape.
If you're a seasoned engineer and your passion is stirred by protecting customers from criminal activity and writing code to protect our code we would like to hear from you. We need to protect and nurture our applications to give our customer the best and safest experience possible, and we like to have fun while we do it.
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
What will you be doing?
- be part of an autonomous scrum team in the Fraud & Auth Lab
- collaborating with Product Owners, Architects and fellow software engineers to design elegant solutions and elegant tests to prove them
- developing and improving the CI/CD pipelines with the other engineers and devops
- designing and building dependable, intuitive, intelligent automation frameworks that prevent rather than cure issues and also self-healing applications that nurture our frameworks and application code
- maintaining and updating automation frameworks in sprint
- acting as mentor to more junior engineers
- exploring Penetration testing techniques to try and break through defences
- contributing to the Confluence Knowledge base to share new approaches and meet Definition of Ready/Done artefacts
- contributing to the wider community and promoting the culture of SCRUM values
Essential for the Role:
Competent in at least one of the following languages:
Proven experience performing and leading in server/client side development or the test automation thereof in one or more of the following technologies:
- noSQL/SQL DB queries
- JSON request and data management within Kafka messaging systems
- SOAP request and data management within Kafka messaging systems
Proven experience of Hadoop Big Data Architecture and multi-tier/distributed systems
Proven experience testing of Hadoop Systems involving Cassandra and Kafka and Hive.
Understands OWASP top 10 and how to test them.
Proven experience testing Fraud Monitoring and Decisioning applications for high transaction volumes in a regulatory enviornment.
Proven experience integrating automation into CI/CD pipelines
Proven experience testing in containerised environments
Proven experience removing technical debt from Applications or Testing frameworks
Proven experience building efficient and effective testing process and practises
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.