Solace Messaging Engineer
Main purpose of the role:
The Global Messaging team is building the next generation global market data messaging system for one of the world's largest IDBs. The team is responsible for developing and supporting APIs that build upon Solace messaging technology. We require a Messaging Engineer to take ownership of the Solace Appliance and VMR global estate. You will be building the automation platform to manage, configure and administer Solace across the firm. You will also facilitate the migration of applications across to Solace from various legacy messaging technologies such as Tibco EMS. This role will involve evaluating the current EMS architecture and implementation, proposing options for consolidating the architecture, being involved with the support of these systems and having a key role in the integration of these systems with the Solace messaging platform.
The objectives of the role:
- Own all administration functions required to operator the Solace Appliance and VMR global estate
- Automate such functions as appropriate
- Evaluate the current Tibco EMS and Tibco BusinessWorks architecture and implementation across the firm. Identify gaps and omissions in existing architecture
- Advise on the course of action for integrating these systems with the new Solace-based Messaging API and facilitate the implementation of application migrations
- Work on architecture and design projects with minimal supervision.
- Consolidate the administration and support of EMS/Solace in the London office
- To carry out integration, perform capacity management, maintenance and upgrade activities on messaging applications, appliances and services.
- To analyse, design and build any such projects
- To liaise with other development teams as necessary to implement cross-team projects
- To work in partnership with the business/business analysts to identify key requirements for implementation
- To identify any technical requirements for new products
- To work with all the business and technology departments to ensure all business and technical requirements are met
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm
To undertake and manage:
Skills / experience required:
- Systems Analysis and design
- Systems development
- Systems documentation
- 1st line production support
- Expert Solace administration skills
- Accomplished at administering Tibco EMS and Tibco BusinessWorks.
- Experienced in automating Message Broker administrative functions.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose failure scenarios and identify root cause issues under pressure
- Experience of working in a financial services environment advantageous
- Willingness to keep up to date with latest technology trends and proactively identify appropriate areas into which they can be applied
- Team player with good inter-personal skills and confident communication skills
- Ability to work and function under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and shifting priorities
- "Self-starter" always looking to improve quality of process and deliverables and keen to take a lead role in that process