- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Kingfisher Plc
- 22 mars 19
This is your chance to be part of shaping the future of a leading Home Improvement retailer. Kingfisher is an international family of companies operating in eleven countries across Europe through well known retail brands such as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama and Brico-Depot. Following a review of Kingfisher's business and strategy, there are a number of a major business transformation programmes underway, making this a really exciting time to join us and play a pivotal role in enabling the organisation to realise its strategic goals. It's a great opportunity for the successful candidate to join a high performing IT Strategy and Architecture team that care deeply about identifying & delivering the right solutions to underpin Kingfisher's business strategy.
Following a review of Kingfisher's business and strategy, there are a number of a major business transformation programmes underway, making this a really exciting time to join us and play a pivotal role in enabling the organisation to realise its strategic goals. It's a great opportunity for the successful candidate to join a high performing IT Strategy and Architecture team that care deeply about identifying & delivering the right solutions to underpin Kingfisher's business strategy.
As a Solution Architect you will work within a variety of programmes and projects identifying credible solutions to meet business needs or transforming conceptual designs developed by Enterprise Architects into clear, tangible deliverables. With an awareness of the latest innovations and trends in technology you will identify and recommend solutions that best meet the business need and are aligned with the IT strategy and roadmaps. You will work with experts across application, integration and infrastructure to create holistic solution designs that put the needs of customers and colleagues first.
This role can be based in Southampton, London, Yeovil or Lille.
- Develops the high level solution design for a project or work package building upon any conceptual design activity completed by the Enterprise Architect
- Works within the guidelines of the Enterprise Architecture Framework
- Translates business requirements into functional & technical requirements
- Identify potential solution providers and work with them to assess potential solutions against requirements and architecture principles & guidelines
- Identify potential project pre-requisites or interdependencies, understand the implications and communicate appropriately to all affected projects, where possible avoiding hard dependencies between projects.
- Ensure that proposed solution designs meet business requirements, are fit for purpose, are aligned to the business process and are supportable
- Engage business where appropriate to assess fit against requirements and usability, ensuring that architecture considerations are communicated effectively
- Produce high level solution designs, coordinating input from domain specialists and 3rd party solution providers
- Produce high level cost estimates to underpin the design, coordinating domain specialists and 3rd party solution providers to determine component costs and provide to the Project Manager
- Business or IT related studies or comparable practical experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience gained across a wide range of IT related disciplines (planning, analysis, development, operation & service mgmt.) including experience of working within large business change projects
- Excellent knowledge in creation and implementation of High Level Solution designs
- Stakeholder management
- Experience in producing budgetary costs to support high level design
- Experience of working with multiple 3rd party solution providers
- Pronounced analytical and planning skills coupled with an independent, objective and process-oriented way of working
- Good communication and coordination capability
- Demonstrable understanding of technical aspects of IT and ability to interpret for consumption by non IT Specialists
- Excellent presentation skills up to Senior management level
Becoming part of Kingfisher is a fantastic opportunity, we want to be able to provide our employees with roles that engage them, alongside a competitive benefits package that allows our employees to feel a valued part of our team.