Solution Architect - Centre of Digital Innovation
DESCRIPTION We're looking to welcome an experienced Solution Architect to our UK Public Sector team. This is an exciting role where you will be responsible for working with a strategic customer in a newly formed Centre of Digital Innovation (CDI). The CDI is a joint initiative between AWS and the customer, within which the team will work hand-in-hand to accelerate innovation in healthcare and education industries using AWS technology.
In this role, you'll work with a broad range of internal stakeholders and external partners to develop innovative, repeatable solutions that benefit the industry as a whole. Your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
You'll manage the overall technical relationship between AWS and our customer in the CDI, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency to accelerate their challenging, innovative and mission-critical projects. You will also work hand in hand with the assigned Business Development Manager, aligning on strategy and priorities for the Centre of Digial Innovation.
Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
You will take a leading role in the creation and sharing of good practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate about AWS technology and industry trends (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
Whilst the CDI will be your primary focus, you will be a member of the broader UK Public Sector Education and Healthcare teams, sharing knowledge and collaborating with your Solution Architect colleagues.
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• A passion for technology and for learning
• Experience collaborating across customer and partner organisations
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as High Performance Computing, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
• Experience of working with research and/or academia customers
• Experience working within education and or healthcare industries