Specialist: Global Alternative Assets
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Specialist: Global Alternative AssetsReporting to the Head of Global Alternatives practice, the successful candidate will be responsible for the scoping, planning, and delivering of large scale Alternative projects globally as well as playing a leadership role to represent the capabilities and services of the practice to partners, clients, and prospects.
• Oversees large and most complex projects or programs with a high degree of risk and impact.
• Provides comprehensive and extensive project management support to stakeholders when initiating a new project to define strategy and approach to achieve business results. Involved with defining the scope, identifying the stakeholders, creating the project charters, and assessing risks, assumptions and constraints.
• Provides strategic directions to large and complex projects and its activities. Responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation plan for defined project scope, developing the project management plan, identifying and scheduling project activities, managing the budget, creating the project team and assigning the roles and responsibilities.
• Executes the work in the project management plan to accomplish the project objectives that are defined in the project scope statement. Includes managing the project team, communicating with stakeholders and managing expectations. Upon completion of the project, coordinates the hand off into the production team.
• Responsible for monitoring and controlling complex projects by performing the work to compare actual performance with planned performance. Responsible for analysing variances, assessing any trends that can effect process improvements, evaluating possible alternatives, and to implement appropriate corrective action(s) as needed.
• Responsible for communication, leadership, and management to effectively exchange accurate and relevant information with stakeholders; and responsible for providing guidance and motivation to team members and project stakeholders and ensuring resources are achieving project objectives.
• Effectively communicates with partners, clients, and prospects to demonstrate the capabilities and operating model related to the practice. Works with others to understand client requirements and any potential gaps and coordinates resolution through the leadership team.
• Scoping and designing the initiative
• Understanding the needs of the stakeholders and target group
• Designing a feasible yet ambitious initiative that effectively works towards the aims of the three key stakeholders
• Drafting the Business Case and other key documents;
• Planning the project
• Creating suitable budgets and schedules
• Designing a team structure
• Produces and monitors plans for how and when the project is to be carried out;
• Managing the project
• Track budget and schedule
• Recruit and manage team to deliver the initiative
• Maintains the risk log and other key monitoring elements;
• Report team activities and progress towards goals to key stakeholders
• Provides direction to project teams (note that project managers are seldom line managers of project teams, but they should have delegated authority to issue jobs to teams and expect teams to report to them on progress and issues that arise);
• Ensures that the sponsor and project board are kept up to date with project progress without overburdening them with unnecessary detail;
• Monitors project budget, and - under delegated authority from the sponsor - purchase resources as required.
• Deliver a high quality initiative, on time and within budget
• Effectively communicates the operating model and capabilities of the practice with partners, clients, and prospects
• Provides an overview of our products and capabilities;
• Determine any gaps between client requirements and our standard offering;
• Manages ongoing discussions about capabilities and services;
• Works directly with the leadership team to evaluate and implement solutions.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• A thorough understanding of the custody/middle office business, with an in-depth knowledge of day-to-day Alternative operations
• Significant track record in a management role in a Alternatives/operational function
• Proven people management and change management skills
• Knowledge of legal and regulatory environment to assist in the development of procedures and policies
• Excellent communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills
• Ability to lead and manage projects and system development as required
• Demonstrates an excellent understanding of effective risk management
• Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
• Thorough understanding of the variety of IT platforms, software systems and interfaces associated with the function
• Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Interpersonal (relationship building, respectful, problem solving and understanding)
• Communication (listening skills, oral communication skills, information sharing and written communication skills)
• Self-management (adaptability, integrity, learning and trust builder)
• Motivation (closure and result seeking)
• Thinking (decision making, idea generation, inclusion and problem solving)
• Organisational Knowledge (current knowledge, knowledge and understanding)
• Client Service and Quality (quality, relationship building and client satisfaction)
• Administration (coordination, execution, planning and time management)
• Leadership (direction, idea generation, knowledge sharing and team recognition)
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change
• Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive project management and business knowledge functional expertise.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $135 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management