Specialist Solutions Builder
DESCRIPTION Do you enjoy innovating with the latest text and speech AI based technologies? Are you excited by the idea that you could help some of the largest customers drive real value from production usage of AI and Machine Learning to create better customer service experiences? Would a day spent building a prototype for something new or a demo to show customers what they can do with the services be fun for you? Come join us!
At AWS, we are helping businesses of all sizes re-imagine customer service while pushing the boundaries of what "AI/ML enabled contact center" could be. To support this work we are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect Specialist Solutions Builder(?) to create technical relationships with customers of all sizes and operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their journey.
In the role you will help customers design artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) based contact center capabilities, leveraging offerings like Amazon Connect, Amazon Workspaces, and Amazon Chime. This is a hands-on technical position where you will work with the customers' development and business stakeholders to understand their business and technical needs.
You will consult with the customer at all levels to understand their challenges, review what's available, dive deep to create options, and build AWS-optimized architectures, working prototypes, reference examples and proofs of concept that make the best use of AWS offerings like Amazon Connect, Amazon Chime, and Amazon Lex.
You will be a thought leader, applying your knowledge of AWS technology and industry trends to produce and validate reference architecture implementations, CloudFormation templates, and blog posts to evangelize design patterns and best practices for applying AWS AI and ML services in the contact centre space.
Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants directly with the AWS service teams to inform the roadmap of AWS features. You will collaborate with AWS Field teams to build a strong worldwide community and enable them to better engage their customers on Contact Centre technology.
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems & working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
This role is part of a Global team and can be located in the UK, Germany or Luxembourg.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Professional Software Development experience, with knowledge of the Contact Centre/UC&C/Customer Experience sector
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Python, Node.js, Go, Java, .Net, C#
• Experience being and passion to be a hands-on a technical practitioner and individual contributor
• Curiosity and ability to learn about new technologies.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• 10+ years of experience taking a lead role in designing, and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Proficiency with WebRTC, Telecom, IP/RTP/VoIP concepts
• Experience building applications with frameworks like React, Angular, or Vue.js
• Familiarity with software development on AWS including Serverless development experience including complex integrations with AWS Lambda, Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis, and Amazon DynamoDB
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT call centers applications, and conversational interfaces
• Software Development / DevOps experience, preferably with integrating contact center platforms, CRMs, AI, and backend systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.