Sr Analyst, Regulatory Reporting
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role Purpose:
Northern Trust Asset Management is a multi-asset class investment manager offering a broad range of investment solutions. The primary focus of this role will be to ensure NTAM meets its reporting obligations across multiple regulations and support our regulatory regime, ensuring NTAM is not exposed to reporting failures, risks or financial costs. Functions will include trade monitoring across multiple vendor platforms and account setup and maintenance to support relevant reporting processes. Knowledge of MiFID2 and EMIR reporting obligations is required. Strong analytical and communication skills are required to research and resolve queries and issues. The ideal candidate should have a strong teamwork ethic but be able to work independently in a time sensitive environment as well. Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure timely and accurate regulatory reporting via various system platforms to support EMIR and MiFID2 obligations
• Monitor systems to identify exceptions and ensure required amendments are completed
• Provide oversight for any front office regulatory reporting completed in offshore locations
• Work with Technology and any other relevant teams to ensure data gaps/discrepancies are addressed
• Validate changes required to satisfy any new front office regulatory requirements
• Ensure supporting procedures are accurate and kept up to date
• Keep up-to-date with regulatory changes affecting NTAM reporting regime
• Daily review of transactions reported. Investigate any inaccuracies identified and coordinate directly with Technology/Operations teams to resolve
• Serve as the regulatory liaison between the Front Office Support team and all other NTAM/NT teams
• Work closely with other NTAM partners in support of the business
• Ensure the timely and accurate setup of new accounts on relevant systems coordinating with the New Account Opening team
• Work as part of a local and global team with members based in London, Hong Kong, Chicago and India
• Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established procedural guidelines
• Be risk averse, identify process or business risks and escalate to line manager
• Knowledgeable of all core procedures and aspects of the role Experience and Skills
• Extensive experience of MiFID2 and EMIR reporting processes and oversight tasks
• Understanding of regulatory reporting criteria's as they relate to MiFID2 and EMIR
• In-depth knowledge of current/future regulatory reporting landscape
• Analytical skills to resolve and research queries and issues
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong MS-Excel skills
• Experience with Unavista, Trax, Bloomberg, FxAll, FX Connect and key NT Systems (e.g. Charles River, Blackrock Aladdin) is beneficial
• Good Process and procedure development skills Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.