Sr. Applied Scientist - Automated Reasoning
DESCRIPTION Are you passionate about automated reasoning and program analysis? Do you enjoy diving into the complexity of compilers, interpreters and programming languages? Do you want to enable developers around the world to benefit from automated reasoning tools that are sound, scalable and delightful to use? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. The Automated Reasoning Group in AWS Platform is looking for an Applied Scientist who wants to design and implement the next generation of automated reasoning tools and services.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on AWS. They harness the power of the cloud to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. Using automated reasoning technology and mathematical proofs, AWS allows customers to answer questions about security, availability, durability, and functional correctness. We call this provable security, absolute assurance in security of the cloud and in the cloud. https://aws.amazon.com/security/provable-security/
Key responsibilities for this role include:
• Invent, implement, and deploy state of the art automated reasoning algorithms and systems for provable-security
• Rapidly design, prototype and test many possible hypotheses in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative and business judgment.
• Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate successful experiments into large scale, highly complex production services.
• Report results in a scientifically rigorous way.
• Interact with engineers, product managers and related domain experts to dive deep into the types of challenges that we need innovative solutions for.
• Work closely with a mentor to expand your career with AWS
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Masters or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
• Several years of industrial/academic experience in formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, and/or theorem proving
• Extensive with programming languages such as Java, Scala, C/C++, Ruby, or Python and open-source technologies
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
• Software development experience of compilers, interpreters or related automated reasoning tools
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.