My client is a top tier banking organisation who are heavily investing in their Wealth Management business. They have developed their strategy and projects capability internally and are currently seeking a strategy consultant or those working within a corporate development function with wealth management experience to join their in house team at VP Level. This is an exciting opportunity with strong career growth and path laid out to Director.
This is a global team driven out of London that work closely with regional strategy functions across NY and Singapore.
The role will involce:
- Market and competitor analysis – on a quarterly basis they track what their competitors are doing. On a daily basis they monitor their competitors investments, hires they have made, market moves etc
- Strategy for the business whether it be optimisation, entering new markets, developing new capabilities -
- Ad hoc strategic reviews - to understand controls, processes, operating procedures and ensure they are fit for purpose
- Strategic PM activity – in terms of developing materials and MI for townhalls etc supporting the overall book of work for the chief of staff.
In short – this role is focused on the shaping of strategy and design elements of a project – but not execute; they will fall back and monitor/play an oversight role around delivery.
Background of candidate:
- Need to have WM ideally or private banking experience
- Ideally have done some sort of strategy consulting role – whether strategy team in a BIG 4 or from strategy
- Could have also done this type of role in house; possibly a corporate development type function
- Potentially take someone from an M & A consulting or transaction services function – where they have done analysis on WM firms pre deal.
*THIS IS NOT A CHANGE PM ROLE – THEY WANT PEOPLE TO SHAPE BUSINESS STRATEGY*