Stress Testing Manager
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank plc
- 10 nov. 17 2017-11-10
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
This is a key role supporting the delivery of the Firm-wide Stress Tests for HBSC, focusing on Retail risk. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting with the stress testing agenda across HSBC Group's retail banking portfolio. Responsibilities include the efficient execution of several high-profile regulatory (PRA / EBA) enterprise wide stress tests across Group Retail Risk. This will require co-ordination and management of multiple work streams across relevant Risk & Finance teams on scenario data enrichment, engagement with business lines, design and production of MI and FDSF output.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure stress testing is processed on a responsive and consistent basis
- Ensure the timely delivery of annual Regulatory Stress Tests
- Critically assess vendor provided macro-economic stress scenarios
- Ensure appropriateness, robustness and completeness of the quantification framework for the PRA / EBA / Country Regulator required stress tests.
- Maintain oversight of the stress testing schedules across multiple entities. Underpin the Country / Regional teams with consistent approaches using internal validation and controls processes, consistent templates, systems and methodology.
- Operate an effective review and challenge process to ensure the data is fit for purpose with strong focus on governance, best in class quality combined with the need to work tight deadlines
- Provide oversight role on the quarterly FDSF actuals submissions to the Regulators
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of Retail Banking and Stress Testing in Retail Risk
- Strong conceptual skills (business models, organizational design)
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills (business performance, market & competitive dynamics)
- Thorough understanding of Retail lending portfolios and the organisation, policy and reporting that is used to manage such portfolios. Exposure to portfolios outside of a single country is preferable.
- Prior experience working with stress testing related Regulator submissions is desired
- Diverse background across multiple products and areas, with track record of leading and managing change, problem solving and solution design
- Demonstrated flexibility across multiple domains and functional areas
- Structured analytical approach
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and senior leaders
- Working across cultures and in matrixed organisational structures
- The successful candidate will likely have a numerically or statistically orientated degree
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 00009VLY.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.