Systematic Fixed Income Product Strategist, Vice President
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 nov. 17 2017-11-22
Business Unit Overview: The Fixed Income team offers an array of fixed income products designed to meet specific client risk and return profiles. Incorporating the expertise of BlackRock's sector specialists, each client portfolio is tailored to reflect specific investment guidelines and objectives with
Business Unit Overview:
The Fixed Income team offers an array of fixed income products designed to meet specific client risk and return profiles. Incorporating the expertise of BlackRock's sector specialists, each client portfolio is tailored to reflect specific investment guidelines and objectives with respect to interest rate exposure, sector allocation and credit quality. Within Fixed Income, there are two core investment processes; our model-driven active business applies cutting-edge quantitative strategies to generate alpha for clients from security selection, macro and relative value opportunities. The fundamental business applies Fundamental investment styles and strategies to generate alpha for clients across Sterling, Euro, Emerging Markets and Global portfolio groups.
The Product Strategy team is responsible for the development of Fixed Income products for Institutional and Retail clients, and representing these products to internal and external clients including investment consultants, existing clients and prospects. The universe of products includes index, model based active and fundamental active. The team is centrally involved in the firm’s thought leadership agenda. Critical to the success of the Product Strategy team is the maintenance of strong relationships with the Institutional Client Business (ICB) and Retail Sales groups, who are responsible for managing and developing BlackRock’s client relationships.
BlackRock’s Model-Based Fixed income team is looking for a VP level strategist to support efforts to develop and promote initiatives in the retail business.
The individual will work in partnership with sales, marketing and other key stakeholders to promote and support the products. This will include working on presentation slides, marketing materials, RFPs, reports and client queries as well as presenting to clients. Responsibilities also include supporting senior product strategists, fund managers, institutional and retail sales teams in promoting model-based products. The successful candidate will possess knowledge of fixed income, the cross-border fund marketplace, investment management and global economics. They will also have a very good understanding of the needs of a very wide range of clients. Additionally, the candidate must have exceptional communication skills and the ability to form trusted relationships and work across the organisation.
- Work alongside portfolio managers and product strategists to represent specific retail focused products to external and internal stakeholders.
- Work with Model Based teams to create simple, cost effective systematic solutions to identifiable client needs or themes.
- Deepen internal relationships with country sales teams to understand and identify potential gaps in product range, identify industry trends.
- Present our funds and market views to existing and potential clients
- Support sales and marketing activities including pitch book generation, RFPs, market commentaries. Complete a wide variety of ad hoc client requests and strive to deliver a superior level of client service.
- Work on written investment review and outlook materials and collateral with a strong attention to detail.
- Be responsive to client requests and queries, including supporting often very complicated and deep due diligence processes.
- Strong quantitative skills
- Post graduate qualifications favourable (CFA, MBA)
- IMC preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential
- Preference for other languages to a business standard, particularly German
- Proven financial services experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint essential; Bloomberg and other market data systems useful
A successful candidate will have:
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form meaningful working partnerships
- Strong understanding of the asset management industry and capital markets, particularly in fixed income
- Strong knowledge of global economics and markets and an interest in current affairs and events
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to clearly articulate fixed income concepts, ideas, and processes
- Team player and a collaborative and cooperative approach to tasks
- Disciplined organisation skills.
- Ambitious work ethic and professional disposition