Tactical developer for synthetic prime brokerage - Information Technology London
The candidate will be within the teams dedicated to the growing business on synthetic prime brokerage activity with numerous challenge in order to help the transition to a new tool (cloud & API) to manage the business and daily activity. He will develop all the adhoc tools to smooth the business.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role :
• Address any needs at a business analysis, software architecture and development level that involve rapid intervention with strong IT capabilities
• Work with the team for the daily production on trade capture operation & client reporting
• Communication with traders & middle office in order to collect and synthesize desk needes and participate to the development of all the tools developed for desk and the clients
Summary of Responsibilities
• Act as a business analyst and software architect to advise and address the needs of the business where an intervention with IT capabilities is required
• Understand the business requirements and risk/R&D models in order to develop upon them
• Be able to manage development lifecycle autonomously
• Agile development process. (Tests, Continuous delivery, Build Factory, deployment tool)
• Participate to weekly meeting
• Manage tasks delegated by manager on a daily basis
• Participate to meeting with business upon manager request
• Manage the communication with clients over a projects development
• Develop using Agile methodologies controlled by tests, code coverage statistics, build factory status, and deployment process.
• Propose technical and architectural solution upon request.
• Participate to the team life by presenting projects and tools. Profile Required
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Computer Science.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application and VBA.
• Object oriented development, preferably Python (2+ years).
• Agile development techniques (Software craftsmanship, DevOps, Continuous delivery) (2 years).
• Knowledge of prime brokerage activity business a plus.
• Strong programming skills (asynchronous programming, service oriented architecture) (2 years).
• Autonomous and team development experience.
• Exposition to clients (Communication).
• Ability to monitor and import technological developments and open source projects.
• Front to back development experience (Full Stack).
• Focus on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process. The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. Please see www.civiweb.com , in order to have more details regarding your financial indemnities.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English Why Join Us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad. Business Insight
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you're joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 2000015S
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 14/10/2020
Tactical developer for synthetic prime brokerage
International Volunteer Program | London | Information Technology