Tax Manager, Enhanced Tax Services
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Northern Trust is looking for a highly motivated professional with experience in operational taxes to join its Tax Product Team. The role will incorporate the detailed aspects of managing tax market changes for certain clients (assessment of the impact of taxation changes and the presentation of their specific consequences to the client), product development of the taxation aspects of the Tax Product and support of the sales activities to prospective clients. The clients that typically utilize this service have multiple products across various locations and candidates must have demonstrable experience in managing complex client and product taxation issues.
Based on the investment markets where Northern Trust offer custody services, the taxation functions primarily within the scope of this role are:
• withholding taxes on dividend and interest income
• stamp duties and other transaction taxes
• capital gains taxes (generally limited to those CGT regimes imposed on non-resident investors)
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Market change management-
• Review all relevant market changes and validate with secondary source
• Determine client impact and provide detailed, tailored output
• Identify bespoke relief opportunities from tax market changes and new client investment markets
• Manage implementation of any resultant service expansion
• Create tax technical “challenges” where relevant and support resultant process
• Coordinate monthly client meetings providing relevant updates and impact analysis
• Conduct tax technical determination of product development initiatives and where appropriate, create / manage project plan.
• Undertake continued tax analysis to determine market opportunities for the Tax product.
• Conduct regular client service reviews to identify growth opportunities and respond to client feedback
• Participate in tax governance meetings, highlighting areas of concern and potential opportunity for service expansion
• Ensure relevant internal partners are appraised of product developments and prospect clients.
• Create tax proposal for clients / prospects.
• Conduct cost benefit analysis.
• Create marketing materials / presentation slides.
• Answer taxation questions from prospects (RFPs and other).
• Present to prospective clients.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong asset servicing operational taxes technical background together with excellent communication skills. In summary, the successful candidate will have the following skills:
• Operational taxes experience gained with an Asset Servicing environment, ideally with exposure to fund / asset pooling products and services.
• Experience in the Financial Services industry, especially asset management and insurance sectors.
• Strong knowledge of securities services and fund management industry, with good operational and technology background.
• Strong financial/business management skills and proficiency in strategic analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Experience in managing projects.
• Excellent persuading and influencing skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and written.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple competing deadlines.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $121 billion in banking assets
• $7.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $8.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.0 trillion in assets under management