Tax Manager, FTSE250
This leading investment and wealth management firm is currently recruiting for a Tax Manager to work alongside their Head of Tax.
This leading investment and wealth management firm is currently recruiting for a Tax Manager to work alongside their Head of Tax. The initial focus of the role will be to bring the responsibility for all direct and indirect tax compliance and tax reporting back into the tax team, identifying key risk areas and designing and implementing robust processes to best mitigate risk. Longer term, the role will develop into an advsory, project management and business partnering focus, with the long-term succession planning to the Head of Tax in mind.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and controlling all tax accounts and tax balances of all Group companies
- Maintaining all tax payments and receipts
- Quarterly tax reporting and tax information packs
- Quarterly tax instalments for CIT
- Preparing and submitting under MTD all VAT returns for all Group companies
- Monthly VAT instalment payments
- Preparation of all corporate tax computations and submission of tax returns through Alphatax for all Group companies
- Maintaining compliance records, ensuring all tax filings and payments are made by the stat deadlines
- Assist with various employment tax matters including compliance where required
- Keeping up to date with tax technical matters, undertaking research and advising your business stakeholders accordingly
- Maintaining and improving tax governance procedures including SAO arrangements and including client information reporting, FATCA, CRS and CBCR
- Writing and maintaining procedure documents for all tax returns to align with tax policies and Group tax strategy
- Adhoc tax accounting projects and support for Group Head of Tax
- Developing good working relationships with internal stakeholders, advisors and tax authorities.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified ACA/CTA with a strong background in UK taxation. They will need experience of corporate and/or indirect tax, with tax reporting experience an advantage. The individual will need to be pro-active, with the ability to work autonomously where required. They will need to demonstrate the ability to pick up new responsibilities, learn and run with them.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Download CV template