My client is a rapidly expanding Fintech who produce analytical software focussed on helping firms manage and optimise initial margin when trading derivatives. In an age of increasing regulation and onerous capital requirements, their products are helping firms both large and small effectively manage trading costs and profits.
They are recruiting a number of roles, and this particular role reports to the firms Head of Product - the ideal candidate will have strong risk BA experience, in particular excellent documentation and product specification skills. They will be able to produce clear business requirements and translate these into technical developer tickets. A strong understanding of API architecture and the software development lifecycle is also important. On offer is the possibility of increasing a candidate’s exposure to the broad range of OTC derivatives and to enhance their knowledge of the trade lifecycle.
Candidates should have proven experience in working with OTC derivatives and preferably good working knowledge of Clearing and ETDs, as well as an understanding of Initial Margin requirements and how this impacts different types of trading – Cleared, Uncleared and Exchange Traded Derivatives.
• Significant OTC Derivatives BA experience
• Proven ability to document business requirements and produce analysis reports
• Working knowledge of Windows, Unix and Linux Operating Systems
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
• Experience working with XML and XML schema, JSON and CSV file formats
• Experience working on Agile development
• Experience in the Capital Markets Industry (Exposure to derivatives (OTC and futures/options, Margin/Collateral management)
• Experience with defect reporting and tracking tools such as JIRA
• Experience with scripting languages in particular, Python and database management languages, e.g. SQL
• An understanding of data models