Technical Product Management
Feature Owner: Treasury & Cash Management Design, Build and Support: Banks & Broker Dealers
HSBC Securities Services Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, we are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this, we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Feature Owner for Treasury & Cash Management in the Design, Build and Support organization. Key duties include:
This role is responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of their remit, in this case, it's globally managing Treasury & Cash Management. Key components of the role are demand management (aka Backlog), delivery management, financials & budgeting, stakeholder engagement and Product alignment to platform roadmap. In order to achieve this, the Feature Owner will hold primacy of all resources (change and technology) needed to deliver, which includes responsibility to adjust skill sets and/or profiles. Principal responsibilities
- Deliver business value as quickly and as safely as possible
- Value Creation:
- Acts as a change leader with the business leadership and business sponsor - a visible and clear leader for the department, sector and department, and the delivery of its outcomes and benefits
- Demonstrates effective financial skills to develop and manage a detailed business case, including investments, detailed benefits and link to overall finances of the business.
- Plans and manages implementation to ensure business benefits are realised and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth.
- Identifies and removes barriers to success. Always acts in the HSBC's best interests and willing to openly discuss potentially difficult topics.
- Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example.
- Ensures deliverables are accepted, with formal retrospectives to assess stakeholder satisfaction and capture key learns.
- Ensure delivery priorities and execution of delivery are aligned with sector determined priorities.
- Operational Performance:
- Oversees the development, socialisation and ongoing active management of a well-defined roadmap, including internal and external dependencies.
- Coordinates planning and prioritisation across multiple Feature Owners, Service / Chapter Leads and Platform Managers. Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk.
- Manages and reports on the budget, acting on any variance and promoting good budget control. Manages to the business case / value proposition.
- Determines performance metrics and improvement plans to track and drive on-time delivery and adherence to budget.
- Anticipates and identifies risks/issues and oversees their active management, following internal standards and best-practice.
- Provides timely reports on status, risks and issues. Constructively challenges Feature Owners, Service / Chapter Leads and Platform Managers status reports.
- Promotes and takes accountability for quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions.
- Ensures adherence to quality assurance processes, standards, and methodologies.
- Capability and People Development:
- Identifies and manages resource requirements that will build effective international and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Sources team-members from appropriate channels, balancing cost, quality and internal capability.
- Ensure an efficient use of resources that forms an effective leadership team.
- Ensures good induction and orientation into the team, sector and department, and HSBC more generally.
- Defines high-level responsibilities and objectives for the teams.
- Acts as a role model, encouraging collaboration and team work. Promotes the Group values and strategy.
- Maintains a strong focus on people development and ensure team receive necessary training and support.
- Provides regular constructive feedback and coaching to individuals to support their development and career progression.
- Drive a performance-management based culture to improve and drive efficiencies and performance including the effective management of underperformers.
x Qualifications To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements: General Requirements
* To be used as a rough guide, candidates should be able to demonstrate many of these qualities
- Excellent understanding Capital Markets, beneficial to have Balance Sheet Management, FX, OTC, Post Trade or Custody
- Awareness of internal frameworks, methodologies and best practices
- Strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Direct experience of mobilising and managing change and/or technology in a Global Investment Banking environment
- Strong programme management and/or technical implementation, and experience of driving complex, global, business-critical programmes and/or systems at pace
- Ability to make key strategic decisions that are pragmatic and grounded in practical solutions
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Clear commercial focus with strong financial acumen
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Strong people and team management experience
- Proven implementation, change management and benefits realisation experience
- Mobilising and delivering global business change
- Clear communication and ability to translate complexity into plain language
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Planning and plan management
- Proactive risk and issues management
- Customer Empathy and managing client expectations
- Practical and pragmatic decision making
- Lead self and others
- Business case and benefits realisation
- Change and implementation management
- Financial and budget management
- Tracking, reporting and governance
- Stakeholder management
- Impactful communication
- Resource and team management
- Delivery at pace
- Achieving excellence
- Innovation and Idea Management
The base location for this role is Canada Square, London
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.