In this position you will manage the features, benefits, performance, security and risk of a specific technology solution/ portfolio of solutions. The role is responsible for the Run and Change of the technology solution(s) within Quilter risk appetite and cost profile, ensuring ongoing delivery of fit-for-purpose functionality that the technology solution(s) provide to the business unit / function.
The Quilter Group is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management, with a portfolio of £118.7 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers worldwide (as at October 2019). Our focus is on creating prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow by providing financial solutions for investors around the globe, and we operate primarily in two main segments – Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. You won’t just find diverse, talented and friendly teams here. You’ll also discover an inclusive culture and every opportunity for personal and professional development.
About the role
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
Technology Product Delivery
- Leads, delivers and maintains a defined portfolio of technology products and services to enable a subset of a business or function’s strategic goals and deliver well designed, operationally resilient technology solutions.
- Owns product delivery (via appropriate methodologies) across Run and Change for assigned technology products.
- Manages the lifecycle of products from inception, analysis, design, development, and testing through to delivery and maintenance.
Technology Supplier Management
- Maintains oversight and ownership of IT Suppliers engaged in delivering technology solutions, including supplier onboarding, performance and exit.
- Develops and maintains a sustainable plan for Technology Suppliers engaged in delivering technology solutions, including performance, spend and status.
- Ensures a single view of Technology Supplier risks for the technology solution and drives a prioritised risk mitigation process.
Leadership and People Management
- Provides clear directions to team members about business priorities and performance expectations.
- Deploys teams in an effective way, balancing delivery of goals with skill development.
- Encourages collaboration, teamwork and open communication within the team and across the function.
Further key responsibilities can be found in the attached role profile on our website.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong technology background, including significant experience managing development and technical teams and deliverables including new and emerging technologies.
- Proven track record within a wide variety of IT roles, including systems analysis, architecture, development and project management.
- Understanding of technology best practices and trends together with their application within a business context.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of technologies in-depth experience of at least one of the following;
- Digital development, including .NET and development frameworks
- Application and Data Integration
- Data Development and Data Warehousing
- Experience in implementing DevOps best practices.
- Demonstrable experience in managing and delivering through multi-disciplinary teams.
- Credible experience of delivering complex technology.
- Proven experience of working with, managing and delivering through third party suppliers.
- Financial services experience desirable.
- Working understanding of information security concept and tools.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Core Benefits (Perm)
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.