Test Automation Engineer/Software Developer in TestABOUT OCTOPUS
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
We are offering the opportunity for an enthusiastic highly skilled Test Automation Engineer to join our DevOps testing team. Octopus is a rapidly growing company looking to build out and upgrade our existing in-house systems. We have moved towards a DevOps environment so you will have an appreciation of hosted environments, and experience in automation and agile working. We are looking for someone who has experience of working on complex automation projects and has a passion for developing frameworks and finding innovative ways to speed up the test cycles.
• You are self-motivated and passionate about delivering high quality software
• You have an immense attention to detail
• You are very 'hands-on', and love getting your hands dirty in the detail
• You have a "can do" attitude and love to experiment, tinker and play
• You don't always resort to the tried and tested - you embrace change and find innovative solutions to problems
• You enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast paced team
• You love writing code in Python or C# (OOPS!) and have good experience in using Python / Selenium with C# or another programming/scripting language
• You have a passion for both manual and automated testing and have the expertise to maintain and enhance existing automation frameworks
• You understand how to best design automated testing across application layers using UI, API, Integration and Unit tests
• You love working in a rapidly moving environment, managing your time efficiently between multiple concurrent projects, evolving requirements and time pressures
• You've failed often enough to know you're not perfect (but secretly you know you're pretty darn good)
Skills & Requirements
• Excellent automation skills in Selenium and ability to code in Python or C#
• Ability to build automation frameworks from scratch
• Clear understanding on methodologies including BDD and TDD
• Knowledge of deployment and integration tools (Jenkins/Travis/Microsoft Release Management)
• Willingness to take ownership and achieve good outcome for all stakeholders through effective collaboration
• Good attention to detail
- Good understanding of agile development
• We are not able to sponsor visas unfortunately
• Implementation and design skills for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and Delivery
• Knowledge of NUnit testing framework
• Experience working in a DevOps environment
• ISEB/ISTQB certified
• Performance testing experience, preferably using JMeter
• Cloud Technologies (Azure\AWS\Google Cloud)
• Financial domain knowledge
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- As an entrepreneurial company, there are constantly new opportunities and so nothing stays the same for long
- Started in a bedroom 18 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Stunning central London offices
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Diverse / multinational team
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- We support 10% of your week being dedicated to you and your personal growth
- In our office at 33 Holborn
- Be helpful
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
- Be straightforward
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
- Be bold
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high-performance culture.