Testing Specialist Analyst
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 20 juin 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Testing Specialist Analyst
- You'll be contributing to our Strategic Account Opening (SAO) programme at an exciting time of significant expansion
- You'll be working in our new cutting edge digital studio with the latest technologies
- This role offers several development opportunities as well as flexible working options
What you'll do
This role will see you contributing to a transformational programme for RBS that is spearheading the adoption of DevOps and of scaled agile delivery. You'll be leveraging state of the art development methodologies and customer-led design. As such, you'll be delivering outstanding customer onboarding and a product sales platform that will create a frictionless experience for both new and existing customers. This will cover the digital and mobile channels as well as branch.
You'll also be responsible for:
- The planning and execution of functional testing activities, and understanding the SAO requirements in the form of user stories and solution design
- Undertaking system and integration testing, working in conjunction with other test teams, SAO scrum teams and environment teams
- Participating in scrum stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, planning and estimating meetings
- Working closely with the Solution Architect, Product Owner and other relevant stakeholders to define and enhance test deliverables such as Test Approach, BDD Feature Files, Acceptance Tests, and Step Definitions
- Carrying out functional testing (in-sprint and SIT) by leveraging automation testing and reducing testing timelines over time
- Generating relevant task/dashboard, Kanban board, and burn down reports using allocated test and defect management tools
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with extensive experience working with agile testing methodologies, and leading day to day test planning, preparation and execution. Along with solid knowledge of leading functional testing - including test automation - for multi channel digital applications, you'll have experience of testing as part of iteration (In-Sprint testing) as well as other non iteration (Release based) test activities.
You'll be well versed with agile testing, metrics, estimation skills, working with story points, and velocity, and you'll have experience of test and defect management, prioritisation and leading defect triage meetings.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Strong skills and experience with test governance documentation and reporting
- Experience of TDD, BDD and continuous integration
- Strong verbal and written skills)
- Test automation skills and experience (Jenkins, Cucumber, Node.JS) and the ability to conduct automated test design and development
You'll also ideally have knowledge of micro services and IBM DataPower architecture, and an understanding of Cloud ecosystem and associated technologies such as AWS and Azure. Experience of Micro Focus Silk Tooling - Silk Central and Performer would also be beneficial.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.