Topcoder Platform Architect
Topcoder Sales Engineer will push the state of the art in Crowdsourcing with Top coder's prospects, partners, and strategic accounts. The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of software methodologies, architectures, and tooling (e.g. develops pipelines.) The sales engineer will work with sales and sales management to help achieve order booking targets through development of scaled crowd programs at specific accounts and supporting the capture of large custom projects. Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset and are a hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in your territory.
Key Activities to include:
- Solution for large custom development programs to influence customer buy decision towards crowdsourcing, including executing limited POCs to resolve technical spikes and establish crowd capability on specific tech stack or language.
- Understanding of the client's SDLC methodology in order to modify with minimal friction to capture requirements for crowd workstreams, and return outcomes (typically software) into SDLC.
- Solve problems with "non-standard" approaches when standard approaches have limitations that would preclude use of crowdsourcing.
- Ability to estimate the effort to translate the architecture components into crowdsourcing fit assessment and implementation is an integral part of the job.
- Customer Transition roadmap to Crowdsourcing and defining new organizational roles and training customer stakeholders is an important part of this role. Ensure smooth handoff to delivery resources (customer, partner, or Topcoder personnel) and provide escalation support as required.
- Mentoring and guiding customer / Wipro Account architects by enabling them to innovate and value add crowdsourcing based execution methodology is an integral part of the job function.
- Develop a strong relationship with Platform Development team to ensure knowledge sharing and working consistent with long term vision of the company.
- The ideal candidate is expected to have the right competency to fulfill the job requirements listed above.
- There is no specific number of years required, however it is likely a candidate will have 10+ years of professional experience in software engineering (product development or consulting) to have breadth and depth experience required of a trusted advisor.
- Crowdsourcing methodology understanding will be preferred, it is highly recommended that candidates research crowdsourcing during the interview process as they will be expected to quickly ramp up and start working in the field.
- The Candidate is expected to have the following experiences:
- Algorithm development, APIs / Microservices, Open Source libraries
- Deep implementation experience in one of the programming languages like Angular, Node, Python, C/C++, Java
- Emerging technologies such as AI, Blockchain,AR/VR, Containerization
- CI/CD Pipeline build and creation
- Implementation knowledge of Cloud deployment and migrations with AWS, Google cloud, Pivotal stack
- The candidate should be a quick study and self learner - since the role will be pushing the cutting edge of what can be done with crowd - the candidate needs to be able to learn emerging technologies rapidly and develop a point of view on how to leverage crowdsourcing/Topcoder.
- The candidate is expected to have excellent soft skills like consultative behavior, business orientation and strong team spirit to collaborate with delivery, sales and customer teams with fluency in written and oral communication skills and ability to influence the right approach.
- Ability to travel within territory up to 80%, with 25-50% being typical.
"Wipro is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and makes all employment and employment-related decisions without regard to a person's race, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law"