Trade Application Support Specialist, London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Berenberg London
- 19 mars 19
Trade Application Support Specialist required in Berenberg's London Branch!
Established in 1590, Berenberg is one of the oldest banks in the world, and with this heritage comes fantastic opportunities for bright and aspiring individuals. With its Head Office in Hamburg, Germany, and with a strong presence in the financial centres of London, Frankfurt and New York, it is one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks. 1,600 employees carry the Bank’s long tradition of success into the future. Through its business divisions of Investment Banking and Corporate Banking, Wealth and Asset Management, Berenberg is able to offer a broad range of services into corporations, investment institutions and private individuals.
Berenberg has a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although the company has a long history it remains entrepreneurial in its approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress at Berenberg.
Trade Application Support Specialist, London
Berenberg's Investment Banking Technology group is looking to expand in order to support business expansion plans and meet growing demands. We are looking for an experienced Trade/Application Support Specialist in our London office.
This represents an excellent opportunity for a hands-on support person with an appetite to dive deeper into algorithmic trading solutions, to gain further knowledge of automated trading strategies and equity market structure in Europe and the US.
This role will in part support equities order-flow to the US Trading Desk. As such, there will be a requirement to work shift patterns on rotation with the wider team to cover US trading hours (up to 22:00 GMT).
- Support of various products of the company's sell-side execution platform including Berenberg's proprietary execution algorithms, electronic trading offering as well as OMS- and FIX-messaging applications.
- The role includes a significant element of FIX-onboarding work to set-up high- and low-touch orderflows in pan-European and North American cash equities for a client base predominantly in UK, Continental Europe and the US.
- Interaction will be with several internal teams in equities & fixed income trading (front- and middle-office) in Europe and US and various IT-teams based in London and Hamburg including the Berenberg Electronic and Algorithmic Trading development group as well as with buy-side technology staff, technology vendors and exchange operators.
- Level 1&2 support on Berenberg's execution algos will be part of the role as well as elements of QA-testing new and enhanced algo strategies.
- Monitoring, administration and support of front-office sell-side equity and fixed income order management systems, algorithmic trading platforms and execution management systems
- FIX-onboarding and support of electronic FIX-order-flow into EU and US markets, partly during US business hours
- Being responsible for electronic client connections via FIX and trading system infrastructure
- Acting as a business project lead for complex projects which involve system functionality enhancements, new business developments, software integrations, connections to new markets as well as algo-integration and improvement
- In-depth analysis of system problems including log-file analysis and playing an active role in the investigation and problem-solving process
- Working with algo-developers and strategists on new and improvement of existing execution strategies
- QA/Testing of new software developments in OMS-, EMS- and algo-space
- Training of users and managing documentations
- Liaise with different departments of the firm, such as compliance, legal, trading and middle-office as well as with external technology contacts at clients, system vendors, brokers, trading venues
- Deliver high level of service and quality
- Front-office experience in an equity / fixed income trading environment, particularly as a trader is a plus
- Solid experience with OMSs, EMSs and trading venue connectivity as well as use of cash equity execution algorithms and smart order routers
- Good knowledge of pan-European equities (in particular market structure, equity trading lifecycle, regulatory environment, legal and compliance requirements for equity execution), expertise in US market is highly welcome
- High level knowledge of the FIX Protocol industry standard and use in FIX-based applications as well as Bloomberg application
- Strong Oracle database knowledge including safe execution of scripts intraday and ablity to interpret complex SQL queries.
- Good understanding of risk involved in electronic execution system issues as well as understanding of trading limits
- Proficiency in scripting to automate repetitive / batch tasks. BASH / shell scripting experience preferred
- Familiarity with *NIX operating systems, and experience using command-line driven terminal sessions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail
- High-energy, highly motivated and the ability to communicate and cooperate effectively with colleagues, traders, IT developers and clients
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and to make sound decisions under pressure of time and ability to prioritise
- Willing to work outside of core hours (i.e. US business hours) in a shift model
- Willingness to undertake business trips within Europe and to the US