Trade Finance Services Associate
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (MUSI) is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Overview of the Department/Section:
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
The Group’s operating companies include Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms.
MUFG conducts securities business internationally through its overseas subsidiaries MUFG Securities EMEA plc, MUFG Securities Americas Inc., MUFG Securities Asia Limited. and MUFG Securities Asia (Singapore) Limited. With each member of the group working in partnership with one another, MUFG provides best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Main purpose of the role:
Responsible for processing and maintaining all types of Letters of Credits (LC’s), documents and trade settlements within the designated team in accordance with applicable law and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
• Issue, Amend or Advise Letters of Credit, adding confirmation if required.
• First/Second checker of LC documents and responsible for advising discrepancies.
• Processing of all documents (LC and Collections) in accordance with the Bank’s procedures.
• Preparation of Swift messages as required.
• Ensure compliance with all Bank and Regulatory requirements in order to minimise exposure to risk and to
safeguard against financial loss to the Bank.
• To record all pending items, and timely escalation of all matters requiring management attention.
• Develop and improve effective working relationships with all trade stakeholders.
• Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure
effective inter-departmental collaboration. Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise
Skills and experience:
• Solid experience within a Trade Finance team at a leading International Bank.
• Familiarity and processing experience of most types of Trade Finance products and their life cycles.
• Experience in Commodity Structured Trade Finance will be an advantage.
• Ability to work in a fast moving environment under time pressure but retain strong attention to detail.
• Be a team player, but have the ability to work on your own when required.
• Good knowledge of Trade Finance products and their lifecycles, including Supply Chain Finance options.
• Good technical knowledge of all rules and publications by the ICC, including and not limited to UCP600, ISBP745,
• Incoterms, URC522, URR725, ISP98.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, logical manner.
• Familiarity of all MT7 series Swift formats and all payment orders/advices.
• To be computer literate and fully conversant with MS Office tools.
MUFG Bank (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.