Our client is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and growing energy Trading business who are looking for a knowledgeable and versatile Trade Operations specialist. A self motivated individual with strong sense of collaboration and experience of working with global trading teams. An individual who can think strategically as well as tactically. Ability to manage stakeholder relationships and collaborate with other internal and external groups in order to deliver on projects or business requirements. The knowledge and motivation to get ‘into the weeds’ of day to day business.
Knowledge of the following required:
- Understanding of commodities trade life cycle
- OTC and exchange cleared commodities, including power, gas, emissions, oil, coal.
- T0/T1 trade reconciliation and settlement process
- Commodities ETRM management experience
- Experience of dealing with exchanges such as CME, Nodal, Nymex, ICE, EEX, Nasdaq
- FCM and DMA set ups.
- Broker agreements and fee reconciliations
- Understanding of the importance of compliance and control framework and ability to input into development of policy, procedure and effective day to day controls.
- FTR lifecycle management from ISO relationships, collateral posting, auction results, PnL and position validation, settlement and collateral release
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with large datasets
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Analytical mindset
- Technical acumen: confident Excel user
- Responsible for the day to day process control of exchange/OTC and FTR trading operations.
- Required qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- Preferred qualifications:
- Degree level education preferred
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business with people who are passionate about energy and culture!