Our client, a highly regarded Investment firm with circa $33Bil of Asset under Advice is looking to add to their Client Services function by hiring an Execution Specialist to support the operational activity of the investment team.
Role & Responsibilities
- To help review and send fund investment execution instructions for a range of clients and help build our operational processes and procedures.
- Interact with a multitude of third parties with whom we liaise such as fund administrators, fund managers, custodians, banks and brokers.
- Grasp a detailed understanding of the investment products our clients invest in, with specific attention paid to the terms of the funds they invest in (incl. fee classes, minimums, fund notice periods, gates, lock up periods).
- Perform detailed reviews of trade execution instructions and investment documentation to ensure accuracy prior to submitting the instructions to custodians and fund administrators.
- Liaise with custodians and nominees, to ensure investment instructions are correctly transacted and settled in an accurate and timely manner, and to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Deal directly with fund administrators to submit investment instructions and resolve queries to ensure trades are placed and settled in a timely manner
- Complete and review Private Equity and Hedge Fund subscription documents, ensuring documents are completed accurately and submitted on time, resolving any issues raised by fund administrators
Background & Experience
- Have an excellent academic record, having graduated from a reputable university, as well as strong A Levels (Maths/Economics is preferred but not essential). At a minimum hold the CFA Level 4 Certificate in Investment Management (IMC).
- Strong middle office, trade support or oversight experience, ideally from within and Asset Manager.
- Have experience of completing tax documentation for clients, including IRS forms and CRS self-certifications would be beneficial.
- Have a good understanding of product types within the major asset classes, particularly Alternatives.
- Strong numerical and system skills with a particular focus on Excel
- Exposure to Bloomberg and other pricing tools
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted