Description CITI Trader
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Trading
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19032722
Competitive Salary Offered Job Purpose:
The candidate is required to oversee our electronic trading activity in spot FX in London. Job Background/context:
Team structure: The eFX Trading business is responsible for pricing and risk managing electronic FX, including spot, forwards, and NDFs. The group consists of the following functions: e-traders, quants, quant developers, business architects, and the client management team. This role is for a spot e-trader in London. Key Responsibilities:
1. Risk management: assist in the day-to-day risk management of the spot electronic book during London trading hours. This encompasses the risk management of client flow from Velocity, Pulse and third-party electronic channels across spot and EM currency pairs.
2. Client pricing: ensuring our clients across electronic channels can trade on appropriate spreads and liquidity.
3. Business development: assist in the overall development of the electronic spot business in Europe. This responsibility ranges from spread management (in association with the e-sales function and our client management team) through to visiting clients, and producing microstructural research.
4. Quant interaction: working day-to-day with our e-trading quant team to create both high quality pricing algorithms and automated hedging models. Development Value:
The successful candidate will be part of one of the largest FX eTrading business in the industry. He/she will have exposure to and learn about the business from all perspectives: running the book day-to-day, interacting with quants on model development, through to managing spreads and liquidity in conjunction with our client management team.
He/she will be responsible for ensuring the business maximizes the value of our client franchise and that ensures that our growing e-trading business operates in a way which is additive to our voice franchise, rather than detracting from it. The candidate will develop a strong understanding of the competitive landscape in e-trading and subsequently help drive the strategy of our electronic client offering. Qualifications Knowledge/Experience:
• Some knowledge of the electronic FX trading business
• Extensive sell side FX trading exposure
• Proven track record in commercial and effective decision making Skills:
• Able to build strong relationships across the trading and sales organisation.
• Excellent communication, particularly of complex or quantitative concepts
• Ability to analyse large datasets of client flows to derive an appropriate client and segment specific strategy which optimizes Citi's trading performance as well as the client experience/relevancy
• The ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Self-organized and motivated Competencies:
Candidates will have strong written and oral communication skills. They will be required to work well within a team environment and with key stakeholders from sales and trading.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer Closing Date: July 19 2019