Description Job Purpose:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Trading
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19036602
Serve as the main contact person between trading and sales desk, coming up with trade ideas and developing client relationships in conjunction with the sales force.
Help the senior traders in USD and EUR in pricing customer inquiries. Job Background/context:
Our goal is to raise our profile in EMEA options trading by having a team of expert, flow and client-oriented traders who leverage our distribution capacity to build a profitable and sustainable business. Key Responsibilities:
- Price USD trades with the NY desk.
- Coordinating with the sales desk to market non-linear products and increase connectivity with clients.
- Work on special projects as required by the EUR and USD vol trading desks including: building relative value and pricing sheets, working with product control for month end reconciliation etc.
- Cover for vanilla and exotic traders when out of office.
Opportunity to build on trading skills by helping with pricing of customer trades
Interact with Citigroup's diverse set of clients Qualifications
- Relevant FSA and other regulatory registrations.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree.
Vol trading experience in USD and/or EUR Skills:
- Strong communicator - ability to interact well with colleagues and clients.
- Strong maths and/or technical skills.
- Reasonable computing skills, including analysing data, building spreadsheets, understanding of rates and inflation modelling
- Quick thinker - ability to analyse information and make decisions quickly.
- Team player.
- Strong work ethic.
- Multi-tasker - ability to efficiently manage multiple and simultaneous requirements.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime.
The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016.
Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
- Honesty, integrity and reputation
- Financial soundness
- Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above.
This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks.
If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer