Our Client a leading Fund have an opening for a Derivatives Trade Support/TA Covering IRS and CDS Products from a middle office perspective
This is a permanent analyst level role, and will suit an individual who has prior experience in a treasury, collateral or middle office role within an investment bank, and is motivated by working in a dynamic, fast paced and demanding team environment. You will gain a thorough understanding about how an asset trading business operates end to end, within the umbrella of an insurance company. You will have responsibility for Business as Usual functions in the Treasury and Collateral Management function, will need to be able to work independently as well as being part of a broader support team, and be able to present risks and solutions to day to day and longer term issues to immediate and senior management across the business.
Key activities include:
- Assess daily cash funding requirements across the business resulting from:
- OTC Derivatives, including Interest & Inflation Rate swaps, Cross Currency swaps, Credit Default swaps and spot & forward FX
- Fixed Income Assets, including Sovereign, Corporate, Supranational and Infrastructure sector
- Mortgage products
- Cash Collateral
- Determine resulting funds required to be invested into / disinvested from our Money Market Fund accounts
- Manage intraday cash liquidity across Rothesay’s bank accounts, and monitor and escalate large cashflows as needed with the appropriate teams internally and externally.
- Project future funding and liquidity requirements.
- Support the collateralisation of our trading relationships; including OTC Derivatives, Reinsurance, Repurchase agreements and other structured financing.
- Work with our counterparties to investigate and resolve Initial Margin and Variation Margin differences. Act as an intermediary with other teams, where necessary.
- Manage the relationship with our Collateral Agent and Custodians.
- Work closely with the Trading, Structuring, Liquidity, Finance, Risk, Quants/Strats and Technology teams to help manage our Liquidity and Counterparty Risk.
- Understand Rothesay Life’s regulatory obligations under EMIR with respect to cleared and uncleared margin rules.
Skills & Experience:
- Possess minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in either a treasury, collateral or trade support/Trader Assistance role
- Experience and knowledge of one or more of the products listed above, with deep technical understanding of either treasury or collateral in particular
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and stay focused on risk management, absolute attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects, manage own workload and work as part of team
- Strong communications skills to clearly articulate status and issues to others
- Strong analytical and presentational skills
- Ability to work with complex documentation
- Understanding of risk controls in a broad environment