Transaction Services - Associate Director
Job Description Summary An Associate Director must manage all aspects of transactions for the client and the firm, be active in winning new client work, negotiating and closing sales opportunities and managing client relationships.
An Associate Director must manage all aspects of transactions for the client and the firm, be active in winning new client work, negotiating and closing sales opportunities and managing client relationships.
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Our clients are dynamic and ambitious and we provide throughout the entire life cycle of any transactions they undertake in order to support their growth strategies. In transaction services, you’ll combine strategic thinking with practical delivery of operational solutions. You’ll work with clients throughout the transaction process to assist with their strategy, identify risks, execute the deal and help unlock the potential for growth and value creation in their organisation. You’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
What you’ll be doing:
• Manages situations in order to optimise financial returns for the client and the firm.
Business development/winning work/selling
• Has built an extensive external network from which to generate and convert leads.
• Maintains and monitors their network using a structured approach.
• Builds a personal profile in the external market.
• Plays a key role in marketing events, originating material and presenting to external audiences.
• Proactively seeks out business development opportunities.
• Participates fully in new client proposal situations.
• Is active in winning new client work, negotiating and closing sales opportunities with minimum director and partner input.
• Suggests innovative selling solutions whilst pro-actively identifying cross-selling opportunity.
• Ensures all public relations on completed assignments is performed.
• Takes responsibility and ownership of the client relationship at the appropriate level in the client's organisation at board level.
• Manages many complex client relationships.
• Ensures client needs are met in a way that is advantageous to both the client and the firm.
• Liaises with the work provider and/or the client regularly and will deal with new work enquiries from intermediaries.
Client take on/risk management
• Consults effectively with specialists within the firm when faced with complex risk management.
• Identifies and evaluates risk management issues and mitigates risk appropriately
• Instills a risk management culture within the team.
• Oversees and manages letters of engagement internally and with the client.
• Oversees the report preparation process, ensuring a quality document is produced, which is relevant to the business.
• Reviews final drafts of reports ensuring broader market issues are included.
• Manages all aspects of the transaction competently, advising junior team members on technical aspects of the transaction.
• Develops solutions to increasingly complex technical issues.
• Interprets and analyses complex information, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately.
• Takes responsibility for a task and gives direction, structure and responsibility to others in order to get the job done by appropriate delegation.
• Sets the fee estimate and oversees the drafting of the engagement letter.
• Ensures that the assignment is completed within budget and debt is collected on time.
• Leads the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
• Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
Team contribution/ management
• Is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and wellbeing.
• Leads, motivates and coaches managers by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and timely performance reviews.
• Proactively maximises efficiencies by ensuring effective allocation of resource to assignments and providing development opportunities to the team.
• Demonstrates an understanding of how to build an effective team by understanding the components and strengths of the wider team and how this fits with the client and the department strategy.
Training/ self development
• Proactively manages own career, seeking out opportunities to work on a variety of assignments to build on existing experience
• Attends workshops to develop technical and personal skills. Takes proactive steps to develop self awareness and performance (e.g. psychometric profiling; 360 degree feedback).
• Takes proactive steps to develop towards director by understanding the process and ensuring a development plan is in place.
Credibility as a representative in TAS
• Able to lead and facilitate discussions between individuals and groups in either a client or an internal context.
Operations and results
• Prepares fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and manages client expectations about changes and overruns.
• Ensures assignments are delivered profitably and with full recovery (above 75%) of billable, chargeable time, with WIP write-outs kept to a minimum.
• Contributes to ensuring maximum utilisation of team members and identifies and implements opportunities to work more efficiently.
• Ensures bills are raised accurately and promptly, fees are collected in a timely manner and debtors are kept to a minimum.
• Ensures compliance with, and adherence to, the firm's risk management policies and procedures
Who we're looking for:
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
•Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
•We create sustainable value for our clients
•We are better together
•Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
•We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.