Treasury / Finance Analyst
- Market rate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 15 juin 18 2018-06-15
The purpose of this role is to provide the information with which the Treasury team actively monitors and manages the Bank’s funding, liquidity and associated costs, in addition to the provision of key internal and regulatory liquidity and funding information. The successful candidate will gain detailed understanding of liquidity and funding regulation and through interaction with liquidity risk, the front office and broader finance team (including the product control, financial reporting and capital teams) will build a strong understanding of the financial services sector. The successful candidate will be expected to study towards a chartered profession i.e. ACA/CIMA/ACCA, ACT, CFA.
The Treasury team is part of the Bank’s Finance division. The team is responsible for all aspects of funding and liquidity management framework and strategy, including debt capital markets transactions and interest rate risk in the banking book. The team produces all liquidity reports including the regulatory returns and is responsible for the completion of the ILAAP and supporting policy documents. Treasury owns and is responsible for the own funds P&L which requires the team to be heavily engaged in the setting of Bank wide strategy and budgeting. On a day-to-day basis the team ensures that the Bank’s liquidity and funding positions (including the liquid asset buffer) are actively and efficiently managed. Treasury owns the Bank’s methodologies for funds transfer pricing and is mandated to ensure that liquidity risk is correctly and transparently recharged to the business.
As a key knowledge centre within the Bank this area is actively involved in the review and challenge of liquidity stress testing and the translation of the impact of new liquidity/capital regulation on the Bank’s business model and product pricing. The breadth of Treasury’s responsibilities results in interaction with a wide range of stakeholders, in particular the front office business heads and executive members of the ALCO.
Support the timely and accurate completion and submission of all liquidity returns and management information including:
• Liquidity Regulatory reports: FSA047/48, Liquidity Coverage Ratio, Additional Monitoring Metrics and Net Stable Funding
• All head office reporting.
• Daily liquidity headroom reporting against the LCR and internal stress test.
• Monthly ALCO/Risk Committees reporting and fortnightly/weekly MI for funding/liquidity management forums supporting ALCO and the Risk Committees.
• IRRBB Regulatory Reporting: FSA017.
• This includes:
- Analysing results
- Preparing executive summaries for Senior Management, and
- Presenting these results in the review meetings
• Participating in the testing of ongoing system changes and the implementation “change the bank”/new regulatory initiatives.
Controls and efficiency
• Assist with the establishment of a strong process and control framework for the areas listed above.
• Performance of month end reconciliations of liquidity data to the general ledger.
• Identifying areas in the procedures which can be improved so as to provide time savings and / or an enhanced control environment. Improvements may relate to spreadsheets, procedures or changes to the in-house liquidity database. Subsequent implementation of the change.
• Work closely with colleagues on projects to re-engineer systems and processes and prepare for changes in regulations.
• Undertake ad-hoc work not necessarily related to immediate responsibilities as deemed appropriate by management
• Keep manager informed and up-to-date on individual pieces of work and share information across the team
~~Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Strong academic background, educated to degree level (at least 2:1 or equivalent) ideally in a analytical / business field
• Previous experience working in Financial Services within the Treasury department or an associated department such as liquidity risk, regulatory reporting or ALM is preferred.
• Previous expereince of producing financial reports / MI including data analysis with an understanding of the importance of a strong control framework.
• An understanding of banking products, including their associated cash flows and valuation principles.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
(E) = Essential and (D) = Desirable
• Proven analytical ability (E)
• Ability to meet tight deadlines (E)
• IT skills (E) (Microsoft Excel)
• Appreciation of risk and control (E)
• Banking knowledge (D)
• Good communication/interpersonal and presentational skills.
• Proactive and organised, attends to details and has good problem solving/analytical skills.
• Flexible outlook and attitude, resilient and able to embrace change.
• A natural curiosity, desire to learn and willingness to share knowledge/coach others.
• High integrity and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Results orientated.
• Technologically competent.
The role would suit someone who is:
• Able to navigate through large amounts of data and understand the key drivers.
• Is curious and committed to fully understanding problems/processes and proactive in resolving and following up issues
• Enjoys working collaboratively across a range of stakeholders.
• Is able to interact and build relationships with colleagues from different departments and levels of seniority