UK Fund Accounting – Tax
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
UK Fund Accounting – TaxThis role is within the UK Fund Accounting department, specifically within the taxation team. UK Fund Accounting looks after more than 10% of all UK Authorised Funds for numerous Fund Management clients, with the more complex funds being looked after by a separate Specialist Team. This role is to work in the tax team who are responsible for producing annual CT600 taxation returns, interim taxation reviews, CT61 returns, quarterly tax reviews and arranging taxation payments within HMRC guidelines. The successful applicant will also be expected to liaise with the NAV and Report & Accounts teams.
• To oversee a junior taxation specialist within the tax team and to oversee their workload.
• To produce and review annual CT600 returns and quarterly CT61 returns for a range of Unit Trusts and ICVC's within HMRC guidelines and timetable.
• To produce and review interim tax provisions within the daily NAV's
• Deal with taxation queries from Accountants, Auditor's, Clients and Relationship Managers in a prompt and professional manner.
• To assist other partners and teams on complex taxation queries.
• Investigate new tax rules and laws where appropriate.
• Communicate effectively (both orally & in written form) with internal and external parties.
• To deliver a quality service to our clients within the set KPI's.
• To assist the Tax Manager with the overall running of the department.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Proven experience in a similar Fund Accounting taxation role.
• Ability to work within a team and share acquired knowledge and experience with others through providing training and support, particularly with more complex taxation queries.
• Ability to work under pressure to achieve all the taxation deadlines for client deliverables including reviewing and overseeing workloads of a junior taxation specialist within the tax team.
• Numerical and computer literacy (including spreadsheet skills) - (i.e. Excel (formulae), Word, Lotus Notes and taxation software packages)
• Possesses a very high attention to detail.
• Good self-management skills.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills for liaising with other members within their team, other Internal Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, HMRC and Clients.
• A good knowledge of the SORP relating to fund accounting.
• Educated to at least 'A' Level standard.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $135 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management