Unit Trust Dealing & Trade Support Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our Trade Support function as a Unit Trust Dealing and Trade Support Specialist. In this role you will support the trading of unit trust deals, ensuring swift and efficient implementation for all Institutional client trades on behalf of Fund Managers and Fund Manager Assistants.
You will also be responsible for supporting new external fund launches and account openings, internal system static-data updates and supporting Traders globally by cancelling and amending trades.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
The trading support team has multiple functions that support various parts of the business. The on-boarding of SWIFT has increased unit trust dealing volumes significantly. With the implementation of Aladdin, the roles and functions are constantly evolving for Trading Support to cover.
What you'll do
• Liaise with various teams across the firm, including Schroder overseas offices, to ensure all trades are communicated concisely and efficiently
• Assist with the implementation of new fund launches.
• Co-ordinate with FMA's for new fund sign up, to ensure that agent and dealing accounts have been set-up and updated in Unit trust dealing system
• Ensure all trade instructions follow procedures and processes to ensure compliance with regulation and with best practices as defined by Internal Audit
• Ensure security and broker set-up internally is completed, including settlement instructions associated with new brokers for payment.
• Resolve dealing queries for internal and external transactions
• Handle queries regarding unit holdings and registration details
• Act on behalf of the FM/FMA when requesting short settlement for internal and external funds, liaising with Trust Accounts, Client services, Compliance and the Trustees
• Manage and perform non standard dealing of funds and workflows
• Liaise with Trade Operations to ensure the timely processing of unit trust orders and assisting in trade settlement issues.
• MiFID II Post Trade Transparency Reporting - Resolve rejected trades in TRAX
• TCA reporting and producing ad-hoc Tableau reports
• Broker AKA's for SIM EMEA
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Conversant with aspects of unit trust dealing
• Experience in Trade Operations/Settlements
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience utilising Aladdin
• Knowledge of Calastone trading platform
• MiFID reporting experience
• Onboarding experience
What you'll be like
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
• A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
• Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
• Keen to improve what we do and how we do it
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.