Completion of Group VAT return and act a focal point for VAT accounting and reporting. Principle Accountabilities
- To calculate the Group VAT liability in accordance with legal requirements, and produce the VAT Return for submission to HMRC.
- To ensure that the Periodic VAT journals are uploaded to GL on a timely basis, and that a robust control environment exists around the Management Accounts VAT process.
- To reconcile the VAT balance sheet accounts on a timely basis.
- To liaise with our external auditors to ensure a smooth quarterly and year-end process.
- Conduct a continual process review - maintain an up to date manual of the VAT return process.
- Monitor and challenge manual postings to VAT accounts.
- Timely and accurate production of the Group VAT Return.
- Timely and accurate production of overseas VAT returns. Balance sheet accounts satisfactorily reconciled every period.
- Assistance with other transaction taxes including Financial Transaction Tax (FTT) and stamp duties as necessary.
- Deal with ad hoc queries as they arise.
- Monitor and challenge PESM.
- Liaise with external advisers.
To all recruitment agencies
- Part/Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Previous experience of completing VAT returns and a (minimum) basic understanding of HMRC compliance/VAT accounting.
- Previous experience of working in a partially exempt business advantageous .
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of finance systems (Oracle).
- Able to investigate and amend reported financials to remove known inaccuracies.
- A drive to fully understand the detail and resolve issues in the correct way.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Encouraged to automate or change existing processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details