VAT Advisor, Tax, Associate, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCE | TAX
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's worldwide taxes. We are responsible for tax compliance, financial reporting of taxes, tax planning, business advisory and management of taxing authority examinations. Our work contributes directly to the firm's success, and the division is ideal for creative and collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS FINANCE | TAX
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Tax professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's worldwide taxes. We are responsible for tax compliance, financial reporting of taxes, tax planning, business advisory and management of taxing authority examinations. Our work contributes directly to the firm's success, and the division is ideal for creative and collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. Job Responsibilities:
Qualification & Skills:
- Providing advisory support to the commodities business and real estate investing team and also to other teams such as asset management and private wealth.
- Supporting group-wide VAT compliance. This will draw on the preparation of the group return for the UK, and oversight of overseas returns which are completed by an outsourced provider in a shared service center.
- Working with the outsourced provider to implement tax technology solutions.
- Working on MTD matters, reviewing compliance with the UK Partial Exemption Special Method and managing relations with HMRC.
- Maintenance of the VAT control framework to manage risks.
- Ad-hoc business support in product and operational taxation matters.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- In-house experience with a complex financial services group.
- Strong indirect taxation experience and compliance grounding with an appetite to take on advisory-focused responsibilities.
- Ideally CTA qualified, indirect tax route.
- Good understanding of or practical experience with VAT laws in other countries.
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and able to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity