Established since 2006 with a well-capitalized international real estate investor/developer as a majority shareholder, historically the business entered into JVs with best-in-class PERE and institutional partners, acting as investment manager, development manager or asset manager, while this will continue there is now a specific mandate to own, develop and asset manage directly.
With a focus on strong real estate fundamentals and a patient, opportunistic approach, the company is well-positioned to deploy the substantial capital and resources committed by its own management team and its owner in support of new business ventures. An existing c. £500m portfolio of UK assets is managed by the company, and it additionally takes on asset management and development management on behalf of third parties current totally circa £1BN.
The company currently has c. £300m fund firepower dedicated to London investment and development, with a plan to invest this over the next 2 years. There is a requirement to increase the acquisitions team, hiring a VP or Director of Acquisitions to originate new, mainly off-market opportunities in and around London. This person will take a lead role in assessing, prioritizing and executing these deals.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP/Director of Acquisitions will inform, influence and implement the investment strategy, working within a small team. He or she will be responsible for origination of investment deal flow, underwriting, due diligence, structuring and execution of transactions, including divestments, and will advise senior management and the Board on existing and new investments.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of seven years’ direct real estate investment experience, a significant portion of this having been spent in a buy-side role. He or she will have a deep and extensive professional network in the UK and extensive knowledge of UK real estate, especially in the London office and mixed-use sector.
Deal Sourcing and Relationship Management
- Form and maintain effective network of RE professionals
- Leverage network to identify and access off-market deals
- Drive origination effort, sourcing opportunities in line with investment strategy
- Participate in the execution of private equity deals from inception to closure
- Lead the deal team, giving guidance to Associates/Analysts
- Liaise directly with external advisers
- Manage acquisition process, overseeing due diligence and valuation analysis on target acquisitions, ensuring that comprehensive appraisals are undertaken
- Prepare and present opportunities to IC for approval
- Assist with formulating, establishing and implementing asset or investment strategies
- Assist with development of the business plan at asset and corporate level following successful acquisitions
- Consistent oversight and management of team including Associates and Analysts
- Formal reporting to the Board
- Advise on purchase terms and any negotiation tactics
- Preparation of LOIs and final bid letters
- Review final contractual and economic terms of the investment
- Co-ordinate internal tax and structure the DD process
- Close the investment
Competitive base salary, discretionary bonus and opportunity to co-invest and participate in management incentive plan.