My client, a top tier investment bank, are seeking an experienced credit risk specialist for their credit risk team in London.
As part of your responsibilities, you will:
- Analyse counterparties, identify and quantify risk drivers in transaction structures, prepare credit memos, make recommendations and manage exposure.
- Analyse credit risks in corporate loan transactions and derivative trade requests to recommend accurate credit risk ratings and appropriate risk appetite.
- Assume primary role for loan transaction execution, from deal inception to financial close, including presentation at credit committee and to senior management.
- Liaise with clients and internal business units on credit requirements (assisting structuring new transactions), approvals and ongoing relationship management.
- Manage portfolio of corporate loan and derivative counterparties, including underperforming and work-out cases, annual and quarterly reviews and ad-hoc waiver requests.
- Analyse economic and market events and their impact on the portfolio of counterparties managed.
- Mentor and train junior team members.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Extensive experience in corporate credit analysis and financial forecasting, assigning ratings and sizing risk appetite.
- Experience in work-out / capital structure restructuring and leveraged finance transactions.
- Familiar with financial markets, financing and risk mitigating structures.
- Product knowledge e.g. leveraged loans, swaps, equities.
- Familiarity with legal documentation and risk issues, including LMA and bond documentation, ISDAs, CSAs, netting, and credit mitigating features.
- Extensive working knowledge of computer applications, particularly Excel (financial modeling), Powerpoint and Word.
- Fluency in English plus one European language would be an advantage.