VP - Software Engineering Specialist - EDM Markit
- Salaire :circa £80-120K (depending on experience)
- Lieu de travail :Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Type de contrat :CDI, Plein-temps
- Entreprise :Alexander Ash Consulting
- Mise à jour le :24 mai 18
We are currently partnering with a major FinTech provider, who are carrying out a huge transformation for one of the largest Investment Banks in the world. This team are responsible for their client’s entire Information Technology infrastructure, and are engineering and developing new Digital software solutions across all of the Bank’s product channels.
You’ll be joining the Global Investment Products team as a Senior Engineer focusing on the upgrade/maintenance of the Markit Enterprise Data Management (EDM) platform, while supporting the delivery on agendas for using the platform in the wider business.
This individual will be:
• Utilising Full Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC), requirements analysis, architecture, development and technical delivery experience.
• Implementing technical solutions, and configuring applications in different environments in response to business problems.
• Interacting with multiple stakeholder and development teams, typically front and middle office, quants, Quality Assurance (QA) teams and Client Services, to support the associated applications.
• Participating in code reviews across all areas of the team to improve the quality of deliverables.
• Contributing to the platform redesign and architecture choices, playing an instrumental role in shaping the future of technology for the group.
• Managing requirements using Agile methodology i.e. user stories and helping to drive the agile process forward by participating in backlog grooming, sprint planning, quality assurance, etc
• Engaging with the Architecture function to align solutions and overall platform goals
• Liaising with the QA team to ensure new functionality and requirements are incorporated in automated and manual test process
• Representing the team when working with other IT and business teams to create, manage and track technology projects across complex multi-faceted deliveries
• Developing and implementing Markit EDM workflows and associated C# DLLs (within Bank approved guidelines)
What you need to apply:
• Must have experience using and developing IHS Markit's Enterprise Data Management platform (absolutely essential)
• Working knowledge of Internet Information Services configuration, management and deployment
• Working knowledge of Windows environment management and associated shell scripting for them
• Experience of software engineering in a large organisation (Financial Services, Insurance or Banking)
• Exposure to multiple asset classes including cash traded products, listed derivatives and Over the Counter derivatives
• Broad understanding of trade life cycle and risk management
• Working knowledge of relevant programming languages (such as C#, Scala, Java, etc)