Due to an internal promotion, we are recruiting for a VP position to join a successful global banking group's Structured Finance Credit department. The role would be joining a solid team who have built a strong reputation in the industry. The bank have a strong track record of offering an excellent platform for Credit professionals to build an interesting and progressive career. The individual will be offered excellent learning, development and growth opportunities to work across a variety of sectors while being exposed to the whole lifecycle of a deal/transaction.
Our client is looking for:
- A candidate with a min. of 5-6 years of Structured Finance Or Project Finance credit analysis experience from either a corporate/investment bank or ratings agency
- Core skill set of financial/cash flow modelling, understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis, credit understanding and good presentation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Structured Finance Credit team oversees a wide spectrum of credits including project finance, asset acquisition finance, aircraft finance, shipping finance, real estate, securitization, lease finance and related derivatives.
- Direct responsibility for: 1) assessing, challenging data / transaction material provided by the front office; 2) conducting appropriate credit and financial risk analysis; 3) preparing credit papers with recommendation to initial approvers and Credit Committee for decision-making; 4) proactively monitoring obligors and industry sub-sectors within an assigned portfolio; 5) escalating deteriorating credits and other problem situations.
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative relationship with front office and portfolio management teams on credit proposals relative to risk assessment and risk appetite guidelines.
- Exercise sound risk assessment discipline toward new transactions and management of a portfolio of structured finance assets (including problem assets), across sectors, geographies, and asset / product types.
- Work with front office colleagues to ensure delivery to clients whilst maintaining high credit quality. Articulate Credit Department risk perception and appetite for a transaction in line with bank policy and procedures, manage the interaction and communication with front office teams, and attend meetings with clients, advisers and consultants where necessary, to gain a better understanding of the transaction &/or industry dynamics.
- Experience and capability to take a transaction from inception to approval without significant supervision.
- Flexibility to work to tight deadlines under pressure (including ability to work outside of contracted hours from time to time / as workflow demands), to deliver prompt responses to customers.
- Collaborate with other risk and compliance functions where appropriate to ensure enterprise-wide view of risk is considered.
- Assist colleagues in the team, particularly in times of strong workflow / staff absences, by proactively taking work to ensure a fair distribution of work.
- Develop relationships within the team: seek guidance and advice from colleagues; express well-reasoned arguments and influence senior management where and when needed; and assist in the training of front office staff, secondees and interns.
- Willingness / flexibility to be involved in ad hoc projects supporting the strategy of Structured Credit Finance team and the wider Department / Bank.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Degree level education &/or relevant professional qualifications.
- Proven experience in an analytical credit role within a major financial institution or relevant experience with a ratings agency.
- Good working knowledge of asset lending proposals is preferred encompassing appropriate risk factor identification, cash-flow analysis, stress-testing as well as familiarity with documentation and market trends.
- High level of IT literacy, good communication and excellent written skills (required for preparing succinct and well-articulated credit papers) as well as sound interpersonal skills (supporting collaboration / teamwork).